• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MWT IDPA Practices?

I've offered, but was told you must be an SO, and to be an SO you must be a paid member of IDPA for something like six months, and then requires a paid course that's only available once or twice a year.

Seems like an awfully high barrier of entry just so you can volunteer your time...

These words came from a MWT member???? When I speak of a member I am referring to anyone with a MWT techwear shirt.

I think the only REQUIREMENT is that you are an HSC member if you lead a practice indoors or out.... The other comments, its not the MWT I know.... As you are EXACTLY right seems like a very high barrier of entry.....

But if you have interest in working/helping keeping the sport going, its pretty easy just talk to the folks with the "shirts" we always can use an extra hand;)

I've offered, but was told you must be an SO, and to be an SO you must be a paid member of IDPA for something like six months, and then requires a paid course that's only available once or twice a year.

Seems like an awfully high barrier of entry just so you can volunteer your time...

+1 to what Aaron says. The problem is when you set up a weekly practice you HAVE TO HAVE people that can run the practice every week- there in lies the rub. Lot of people couldn't get out of work in time, etc. so it bombed. Doing an indoor AND and outdoor practice puts a large strain on the volunteers and most people can get to the indoor practice so….. Personally I don't like to shoot indoors these days but I understand that challenge for MWT and the crew.

These words came from a MWT member???? When I speak of a member I am referring to anyone with a MWT techwear shirt.

I think the only REQUIREMENT is that you are an HSC member if you lead a practice indoors or out.... The other comments, its not the MWT I know.... As you are EXACTLY right seems like a very high barrier of entry.....

But if you have interest in working/helping keeping the sport going, its pretty easy just talk to the folks with the "shirts" we always can use an extra hand;)

Back
Top Bottom