• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MWT Cold Turkey Match Goes Postal

This year the annual MWT Cold Turkey match traditionally held on the friday after Thanksgiving will incorporate the 2010 IDPA Postal Match.

2010 Postal match information can be found here

4 Postal stages and 2 MWT designed stages of fun! It looks like a great match, based on the 2009 results many competitors to be expected this year.

Registration at 9:15-9:45AM Safety briefing at 9:50AM, First shots at 10AM.
More details to follow.

I have been asked by a few people thought I would post a common question.

Question: What is a postal match?

Answer: A postal match is an honor system target competition where we have established a set of stages/rules/targets. You can shoot the match at HSC on 11/26/10, your scores will be submitted to a central collection location. At the scheduled end date of 2/28/11 all scores are posted as if all competitors competed on the same day.

For this IDPA event there will be 4 stages that will be the postal match. Feel free to download the stages and take a look in advance.

Please note for your score to be submitted for the postal match you must have a current IDPA membership.

I would love to start shooting in IDPA matches like this one, but I've never done one before. I'll be in the area for the Thanksgiving for this match. Do I first have to do a classifier before I can participate? Thanks.

I would love to start shooting in IDPA matches like this one, but I've never done one before. I'll be in the area for the Thanksgiving for this match. Do I first have to do a classifier before I can participate? Thanks.

No classifier required.

You will, however, want to be sure you able to manage a gun safely; when moving, when shooting, reloading, and especially when drawing and re-holstering a loaded gun, without sweeping yourself or others. You might want to go to a local club that has a regular scheduled IDPA practice, like HSC on first and third Mondays.

There are several good threads on how to start out doing action shooting, mostly in the Pistol Competition and General Competition forums. For example: this one.

No classifier required.

You will, however, want to be sure you able to manage a gun safely; when moving, when shooting, reloading, and especially when drawing and re-holstering a loaded gun, without sweeping yourself or others. You might want to go to a local club that has a regular scheduled IDPA practice, like HSC on first and third Mondays.

There are several good threads on how to start out doing action shooting, mostly in the Pistol Competition and General Competition forums. For example: this one.

Thats great news, thanks. I was weary that I would have to do the classifier first. Unfortunately, I only found one, out in Lee, MA on the 14th. But that would be hard to get to for me. I've been a police officer for almost 6 years now, and I'm surprised at myself for not have the interest in doing some competition shooting sooner. But training at clubs is tough cause I live on an island. But I've suddenly got the itch now. Can't wait.

I've been a police officer for almost 6 years now.

There are more than a few LEO that shoot IDPA at HSC, some shoot in full duty gear sans uniform.

With this being a postal match you will get the added benefit to finding out very quickly where you stack up to other shooters around the country. Be warned competitive shooting is addictive..

Week of. I can't believe that one of the last matches of the year is this quiet... Yeah, I'll be there!

Let's see a big pile of I'm ins.

My brother and I might make this. We're in NY for thanksgiving. We may drive up at the ass crack of dawn to get there. The problem is I have to drive 30 min past Harvard to go home to get my guns and then drive 30 min back (We can't bring them to NY). My brother would have to drive 45 min past Harvard and back.

My brother and I might make this. We're in NY for thanksgiving. We may drive up at the ass crack of dawn to get there. The problem is I have to drive 30 min past Harvard to go home to get my guns and then drive 30 min back (We can't bring them to NY). My brother would have to drive 45 min past Harvard and back.

Want me to bring an extra revolver for you? :)

Can you guys buy ammo there? Say the word and I can bring a GL 17 and a GL34, with holsters, mag carriers and mags for you to use. I don't have enough 9mm on hand though to cover you.

Hey John,

Thanks for the very generous offer! I think we're all set though... as Aaron is going to hold on to our gear and will bring it to the match for us.

You guys are awesome.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone... and we'll see you on Friday.

Hanwei

Back
Top Bottom