Muzzleloader Scope?

Not too experienced with black powder. Found a great deal on a TC Omega a few years back but, only had it out hunting 3-4 times. Sitting in my tree the other day and, as the light was fading, I started thinking maybe a scope would be a good idea. I think a 3-9x would be overkill for my area. Looked at a 3x prism from Primary Arms as a possibility. Any other suggestions?

Not too experienced with black powder. Found a great deal on a TC Omega a few years back but, only had it out hunting 3-4 times. Sitting in my tree the other day and, as the light was fading, I started thinking maybe a scope would be a good idea. I think a 3-9x would be overkill for my area. Looked at a 3x prism from Primary Arms as a possibility. Any other suggestions?
You can find inexpensive 2-7x scopes. Bushnell, leupold, vortex all make them

I installed a rail on my Omega, and swapped my Nikon 2-7x shotgun scope to my ml to gather some light. Works well enough.

Side note. The Nikon scopes are no more, and I grabbed a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 4x Circle X shotgun scope for my shotgun. It gatherers light well but also has been discontinued.

I used to run red dots on my shotgun and muzzleloader. Aged eyes don’t work as well now.

I use Burris MTAC 1-4X for 3-gun, but the illuminated reticle is too much brightness for the woods.

I like the Vortex Crossfire 2, 1-4x for hunting. It has just an illuminated dot like a red dot, and non illuminated crosshairs. True 1x for close, quick shots, and 4x is plenty for even muzzleloader distance in my hunting spots.

After 100 years (seems like) of OCD/ADD when it comes to deer hunting rifles, I've come to the conclusion that a good 2-7x scope is the perfect optic choice in every rifle hunting situation in the world.

Ive got a 3X-9X Vortex Diamondback on CVA Accura. Cost me 100 dollars at KTP as they had a boat load of them for a special price. Great scope for that kind of money.

Most of the time its on 3X because I'm in thicker areas, especially that time of year in MA. But the option to go to 9X is nice if I'm near a field.

That said, if I'm walking/stalking in real thick stuff, I take my White Mountain Carbine with the open sights.

I have a T/C Omega and it came with a Cabela’s Powder Horn 3-10x40. For me, it allows the ability to see much better in low light situations, like dawn or dusk. I bought a 2nd one off Ebay for $60.00 earlier this year in case I damage current unit. My 2cents.. Best of luck shopping

Back
Top Bottom