Muzzle Brake

No I think they got it right. What it means with all those hot gases going through those adjustable parts it is destined to break. Truth in advertising you know.[smile]

Why pay $150 for a brake that has to be pinned and welded which will eventually have to be cut off.

That brake is designed specifically for short-barreled ARs and select-fire short-barreled ARs and adds more than recoil-reducing functionality.

It is called a "brake" but functions the same way as a KX3, which is considered a flash suppressor some how.

The BATF has the final say on what is considered a brake/compensator or a flash hider.

The BATF Tech branch used to have final say on brake or flash hider, from 1994 to 2004. Now, they don't care. When MA decided to pick up the expired AWB from the Feds, that didn't automatically commit the BATFs time and resources to make determinations on MA firearms law. While I feel slightly better about using brakes that did have a tech branch determination (even though MA can ignore those determinations), that doesn't mean that a brake designed and produced after 2004 isn't a brake - it means that it hasn't been tested, by either a non-existent MA government agency or in court.

So, in my opinion, if it performs the function of a brake, it's a brake. I hope to never have to defend that opinion in court - I'm sure it would be pricey. Anyone actually surprised that the same state's firearm regs that allow the AGs policy of "you start selling it, and then we'll tell you if it's legal" on handguns has hung us out to dry on muzzle devices, too?
[thinking]

One of these days I would like to build an SBR with this type of device. Since the KX3 is clearly out of the question I think this would be a desirable alternative. Damn fuzzy laws.

Back
Top Bottom