• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Muzzle brake

Here is a video I took of a Lund Titan on a 16" M4gery being shot full auto at Mass Rifle. (All laws complied with)

You will note that while there is some recoil, the muzzle stays perfectly flat.

One interesting tidbit here is that the upper is a $260 (including BCG and CH) deal from PSA. The owner is an 07 FFL/Class 2 SOT and had a total of about $650 into it.

Last edited:
What do y'all think of the VG6 Precision Epsilon 556 Muzzle Device? Also, it is listed as a Muzzle brake / devise. Is it Massachusetts legal? I have one and just want to make sure it is okay to use. Thx!! I'll send a few PMs too....

I've got one installed on one of my AR's and it's the shit, does exactly what VG6 states. I'll be throwing one on my recently received tax stamped SBR.

A friend was down Monday to do some shooting; he has a Tikka bolter in .308 Winchester. Can't say what brand muzzle brake he has on it, but when it let go and flew off, he definitely had more felt recoil in the subsequent shots. Apparently the three fasteners and Loctite weren't enough to hold it in place. (I suppose routine maintenance would be helpful, too.)

I don't know if the tikka is a hunting gun or a range gun, but I have no interest in a brake on a hunting rifle. Here's why:
1) I don't wear ear protection when I hunt, so I don't want it any louder than it has to be.
2) Recoil isn't a problem. I'll pull the trigger a maximum or 2 or 3 times, hopefully only once, in the course of a hunt.
3) Recoil isn't a problem. When you see an animal, you are usually so juiced up on adrenaline that you don't notice recoil anyway.

Don

A friend was down Monday to do some shooting; he has a Tikka bolter in .308 Winchester. Can't say what brand muzzle brake he has on it, but when it let go and flew off, he definitely had more felt recoil in the subsequent shots. Apparently the three fasteners and Loctite weren't enough to hold it in place. (I suppose routine maintenance would be helpful, too.)

Did it look like this? I had one of the worst customer service issues of my life with Witt Machine.
custom-clamp-on-muzzle-brake.jpg

Eisenhow: looked very similar to that. Can't say I examined it closely, but it did have that shape with the three clamping allen screws.
Based on how it flew off, I'd say it was diverting plenty of energy rearward.

I too have been happy with PWS brakes. I only replaced them because I needed suppressor QD mounts

Second this. Switched from PWS brakes to Surefire. There are plenty of good suppressors out there so my decision was made based on which QD brake will reduce felt recoil the most without the suppressor attached. Not that I shoot unsuppressed much if it can be avoided - sorry MA folks.

Back
Top Bottom