• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Muzzle Brake Question

So ive done some reading on this topic. Either im too stupid to understand it ( Possible ) or I havent come across the answer yet. Yes I did check the AWB thread before posting this.

I have a Hi Point Carbine that im tweaking out for fun. Im replacing the iron sights and want to add a muzzle break to the barrel ( I less than approve of the looks naked )

Is this or is this not legal in our Peoples Republic. If not are there are psuedo alternatives I can pursue. ( Move to NH is not a real answer )

As long as it's pinned and welded I THINK it's good to go? Someone with more experience with muzzle brakes will have to chime in.

What about something like the High Point Compensator. Its installed with no permanent modifications and affixed using an allen wrench. Sounds like that would be ok, am I wrong?

If you're going to add a comp get your barrel threaded and perm attach it. If you're going to use the one attached with Allen screw, you might find yourself down range looking for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On this subject, can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Salem, MA area who could thread a barrel and do a MA compliant brake install?

Call Lou at business end customs, I seem to recall him mentioning he could do it.

Thanks much Noxin. Lou no can do at this time but was very gracious and responded to me quickly. Any other recommendations out there for a greater North Shore (MA) gunsmith to thread and install a brake?

Back
Top Bottom