• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Muzzle Brake Question

Anyone who has been on the left or right of an AR using a Miculek compensator knows that it’s NOT range friendly. Looking for something more considerate, I purchased an upper with a different type of compensator. However, it tends to dip down when firing as it vents too much gas upwards.

Is there any legal problem with modifying the comp such as drilling a port to vent gas in the opposite direction to rectify the problem?

Last edited:
Anyone who has been on the left or right of an AR using a Miculek compensator knows that it’s NOT range friendly. Looking for something more considerate, I purchased an upper with a different type of compensator. However, it tends to dip down when firing as it vents too much gas upwards.

Is there any legal problem with modifying the comp such as drilling a port to vent gas in the opposite direction to rectify the problem?

yep... could end up breaking the muzzle brake. [wink]

212q.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

To the OP: Check into a Battlecomp...If your current brake isn't too buggered onto your barrel, you should be able to swap it out...

212q.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

To the OP: Check into a Battlecomp...If your current brake isn't too buggered onto your barrel, you should be able to swap it out...

just about pissed my pants at this LOL

seriously also check out the Kahntrol solutions bolt on brakes, i love mine!

Dom

Here we go again [sad2]

yeah, I really couldn't help you much here. From what I recall, BATF "hider" vs "brake" definition has a lot to do with internal bore diameter of the attachment, rather than gas venting.

I really don't know shit about it though. I just read that somewhere or something. Best of luck getting it tweaked. I enjoy projects like that. And hell- if you f it up too much, just rip it off and start over.

Back
Top Bottom