• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Muzzle brake on a bolt action pin and weld?

Saw a bolt action rifle that I might buy but the barrel is threaded so I was thinking a muzzle brake on the barrel,since it's a bolt action would the brake still need to be pin/welded or would a permanent version of Loctite be legal. Thanks in advance.

Any restrictions on brakes/compenstors are based on the firearm being an AW. A bolt action CAN'T be an AW.

Put whatever you want on there (except a suppressor) - it's not semi-automatic AND capable of accepting a detachable magazine, so there's no issue.

Do a little homework on timing and torquing though.

The rifle does have a box mag but it's 5 round and there are no high cap mags that I know of. Frizzell I ask because as you know the laws here are so convoluted it's hard to read the law and get a straight answer. Though some of the older Browning A bolts had a accurizer weight on the barrel that looked like a muzzle brake.

The rifle does have a box mag but it's 5 round and there are no high cap mags that I know of. Frizzell I ask because as you know the laws here are so convoluted it's hard to read the law and get a straight answer. Though some of the older Browning A bolts had a accurizer weight on the barrel that looked like a muzzle brake.

Detachable magazines are fine, if it accepts large capacity magazines that's fine too. Depending on your license you could even possess a large capacity magazine if it was lawfully owned by someone prior to the 1994 ban taking effect.

The "evil features" (including threaded barrels like yours) are only relevant to firearms that are BOTH semi-automatic and capable of accepting a large capacity magazine. If your weapon is one, but not the other, you do not need to worry about the features enumerated in the "assault weapon" ban.

Back
Top Bottom