• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Muster on Lexington Battle Green

Who's planning to Attend?

• Total voters
"In one year on average, more than 100,000 people in America are shot or killed with a gun"....? WHAT? Are they adding shootings and deaths caused by shootings together?! So misleading.

Note they include criminals shot by police and homeowners is a number made up of crap. Seen it before they cling to it like is the holy grail

Contributions have come to a halt for the Muster. I have resorted to selling off one of my guns to help with the costs. This thread has close to 7,500 views. Let’s assume the views came from 1,000 people. If all 1,000 viewers donated just $5 dollars, we can reach our goal. Please help in any way you can. Any dime contributed that is not used for the Muster will be donated to Comm2A.

Please contribute here.
Muster on the Battle Green - Fundly

Just sent you a $100.00.

I've mentioned this to a few of my friends also. One of them asked if there will be some way to give donations the day of the event - and a couple of them were turned off by the Fundly thing - they thought the initial popup screen meant that it was somehow associated with Farcebook - and they didn't want anything to do with Facebook.

Just figured you should know..............

Thanks for the contributions! We are now waiting to confirm two more great speakers! Hopefully we will know by tomorrow!

I'm actually a little concerned about this event. The two Boston rallies had virtually no media exposure and luckily we had 1000-2000 attendies at each event. This event though is getting media attention and quite possibly a counter rally. My concern is about numbers. We need a strong showing at this or we are going to look pretty foolish. I've talked to a couple friends and neither had heard of this rally, so my concern is that the word is not getting out there and as such we may have a weak turnout.

Is there anything else we can do to help bolster the message and get it out there to a wider range of people? I've emailed everyone I know who I think didn't hear about it, but that's a pretty small list. What else can be done?

I'm actually a little concerned about this event. The two Boston rallies had virtually no media exposure and luckily we had 1000-2000 attendies at each event. This event though is getting media attention and quite possibly a counter rally. My concern is about numbers. We need a strong showing at this or we are going to look pretty foolish. I've talked to a couple friends and neither had heard of this rally, so my concern is that the word is not getting out there and as such we may have a weak turnout.

Is there anything else we can do to help bolster the message and get it out there to a wider range of people? I've emailed everyone I know who I think didn't hear about it, but that's a pretty small list. What else can be done?

Maybe get GOAL and the NRA to send an email to its members?

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not sure if the organizations get along well together. I'd hope so, but you never know.

If that's the case, they need to unwad their panties and get on with things, given the current state of affairs.

I handed a flyer to my Camfour driver today (he had not heard of the rally prior to me mentioning it today) but he happens to have the day off so he said he plans to attend with hopefully some friends.

Any gun shows coming up this weekend? That would be a good place to put flyers.

If that's the case, they need to unwad their panties and get on with things, given the current state of affairs.

Exactly. We all need to be working together on this. At least a little professional courtesy you think would be in order. Advertising for this needs to be kicked into a higher gear then word of mouth, NES and Facebook. The gun show idea is good, but Marlboro was last week. To late for that one. OK, I'm going to grab the flyer and start plastering all the national gun sites. Maybe reach a few more people.

OK, I've posted the information on the rally, including the flyer and web sites, to the following forums. They are:

The High Road
The Firing Line
Glock Talk
AR-15
Smith & Wesson
1911 Forum
HD Forum
Harley-Davidson Forum
V-Twin Forum

I challenge everyone to post this on their favorite forums. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!! [smile]

Where can I get the printable flyer? There was a guy at the GOAL event handing out flyers for this one and I was going to do the same at the Tax Rally this weekend. Also put them up at the club.

... neither had heard of this rally, so my concern is that the word is not getting out there and as such we may have a weak turnout.

Who outside of NES has heard of this rally? I sent a blurb with a link to this thread to the Worcester Tea Party to send out to their list, though stuff gets lost in all the other stuff they send out. There have to be at least 50 different Tea Party organizations in MA alone, right?

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not sure if the organizations get along well together. I'd hope so, but you never know.

GOAL is supposed to be the MA branch of the NRA from what I've heard and read.

Exactly. We all need to be working together on this. At least a little professional courtesy you think would be in order. Advertising for this needs to be kicked into a higher gear then word of mouth, NES and Facebook. ... OK, I'm going to grab the flyer and start plastering all the national gun sites. Maybe reach a few more people.

dealers, grocery stores, schools town halls, ranges, clubs, cub scouts, soccer, email lists, tea parties all over the place

OK, I've posted the information on the rally, including the flyer and web sites, to the following forums. They are:

The High Road
The Firing Line
Glock Talk
AR-15
Smith & Wesson
1911 Forum
HD Forum
Harley-Davidson Forum
V-Twin Forum

I challenge everyone to post this on their favorite forums. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!! [smile]

Good job Rockrivr1. Time to get people fired up!

I just sent it in to the DrudgeReport, WTAG (BIG Worcester news/talk station), and WAAF.

Where can I get the printable flyer? There was a guy at the GOAL event handing out flyers for this one and I was going to do the same at the Tax Rally this weekend. Also put them up at the club.

If it is the one in this thread, it is a lot of background graphic stuff, which comes out muddying up the whole thing. It is not the easiest thing to read.

Last edited:
Just emailed GOAL asking them to help promote. I'll try calling the NRA tomorrow as I don't think an email in a general mailbox will be read in time. Emailed Four Seasons and M+J Guns in Rockland a couple nights ago. It'd be great if we could get the flyers up in all the clubs as I think they were probably a big piece of the attendance at the last one.

They just did another article:
Locals Organizing Counter-Rally to Pro-Gun ‘Muster on the Battle Green’

They are all basically the same thing, rehashed over and over. I think they are hoping to get it by without people noticing.

I suggest everybody on here go to DRUDGE REPORT 2013® and on the lower right side in the box where it says: "SEND NEWS TIPS TO DRUDGE", put in the various Patriot's week rallies, and have him post that Massachusetts is not dead just yet. He has a national audience, and I'm guessing people would travel a distance to support this effort if they knew about it.

Im in for $25, what I can afford right now.

I took a vacation day and plan on attending.

I went to the other two rallies and though the attendance was impressive it was not what it should be, this despite people putting in a lot of hard work as you are doing now.

When all this circles the drain the apethetic will have no one to blame but themselves.

If there is not at least equal participation at this event you can be sure the media will give it the coverage the other two lacked.

I heard this mentioned on Jeff Cunha and Howie Carr's show. Why isnt GOAL/NRA getting involved? Are there hurt egos over not being the one to run the show?

Its Join or Die time.

Don't think I'll be able to make it to this one...have a project going on out of state. Donated to help the cause.

Sent the following to everyone in my email accounts. Feel free to cut and paste than do same. Remember to attach the flyer.

Friday April 19 is the 238th anniversary of the Battle on Lexington Green. As you all know The Battle was the result of British Regulars being dispatched to Concord in order to confiscate firearms and stores held by the American Citizenry. The result of that first meeting on the Lexington Green was the founding of a country that recognized the importance of the individual and protected their liberty by binding the power of government in a Constitutional Republic.

Currently the entire Constitution is under attack. Some believe that the protections of our Constitution can be legislated at will or no longer apply in the modern age. The Bill of Rights is specific in limiting the reach of government for a reason and the Founding Fathers crafted a document based on a solid knowledge of human nature that did not take into concern the advance of technology. The men that formed this country were some of the brightest of their day. They knew science and they knew its advance would bring change that they could not account for. They were aware that a constant through history has been that when given total power man will corrupt it and abuse his fellow countrymen. Therefore they drafted our Constitution to protect us from that eventuality.

Our government is designed so that we are always its master. We the People have a responsibility to hold the government in check and that is not happening. Some people are trying to make their voices heard and that has resulted already in two rallies in Boston, a third will be held this Saturday, and a fourth will be held April 19 on the Lexington Green.

The one on the Lexington Green is looking pretty weak at present. I'm sure this one will be the one that finally gets the media attention the others have lacked not so much for its historic location but because they will be able to use the poor showing to say "Look no one cares about legislating away the Bill of Rights. They want these intrusions on their liberty."

Attached is a flyer for this event. If you want to donate they have a fund here

This will not look good if this flops at this location. Pass this on to anyone you think may support it.

Last edited:

The word is getting out. I know 2 or 3 people I work with - who are coming down out of NH to go to this. And they are doing what they can to drag along friends and family. There are also people who I work with who live in MA - who have said they are going to do this one. Out of all the people I know in my circle - I was the only one who bothered to go to the Boston Rally.

If what I'm seeing just among the people I know is repeated among all the people who went to the Boston rally - then you could easily get 5 or 6 thousand people at this Lexington thing.

I'm not saying that IS happening - I'm just saying those are the numbers you could see if it goes down like I'm seeing around me.

People seem to be much more willing to go to Lexington - than they do to truck their asses into Boston.

If people are willing to come down out of NH for it - then they're seeing it as a more significant event.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. We all need to be working together on this. At least a little professional courtesy you think would be in order. Advertising for this needs to be kicked into a higher gear then word of mouth, NES and Facebook. The gun show idea is good, but Marlboro was last week. To late for that one. OK, I'm going to grab the flyer and start plastering all the national gun sites. Maybe reach a few more people.

There was a guy at the Marlboro gun show talking to every single person in line waiting to get in - promoting the April 19th event.

NRA and GOAL have been notified. Semi positive feedback from NRA right now. Nothing from GOAL.

ETA: The Lexington BoS said it would not interfere with Patriot's Day events.

Here is the new event page

https://www.facebook.com/events/581915461821136/

The Faceplant page just brings me to a login window - that might be one of the issues you're having with getting people to go - there's no way for the Farcebook people to find out what the hell is going on.

Thanks to everyone who has made contributions and are helping advertise for this event. I understand the concern about attendance, but I have a feeling this will be bigger than anyone (including myself) expects. We have sent out numerous press releases and are sending out another 50 to major media outlets tonight.

Sending the flyers to people and bringing them to gun shops is a great idea. Four Seasons is pretty much the "headquarters" for this rally. They have flyers and are selling GRAA-MA ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ bracelets to help raise funds. I will attach all the flyers I have in this post for all of you to distribute. My partner Kevin was at the Marlborough gun show passing out flyers and that was me passing out flyers at the GOAL rally. Between the GOAL rally and the gun show, we have collectively passed out 2,000 of them. Four seasons has also passed out roughly 700 so far with piles to go.

Steve Moysey from GOAL is a confirmed speaker for the event and he will be touching on proposed legislation in MA. It would be nice if GOAL helped us advertise the event. We certainly advertised theirs on our pages. Maybe you could send them emails requesting this. I have sent a few out myself.
When sharing this event electronically (especially to the media) include these links:
Lexington Battle Green to host pro gun rally - News - Lexington, MA - Lexington Minuteman

Oath Keepers » Blog Archive » Oath Keepers to Muster on Lexington Battle Green, MA on April 19, 2013: Stewart Rhodes Will Conduct Oath Renewal Ceremony

Also, please share the link for contributions

We also just confirmed President Larry Pratt from Gun Owners Of America as a speaker!

Feel free to change the flyers to black and white to save money.

MBGFBGraphic2.jpg NESMuster.jpg

Last edited:
STARTING TODAY UNTIL NEXT FRIDAY

If you donate between now and next Friday I will offer up a 100 Rd box of 9mm fmj winchester or a box of 22lr ( your choice). Ill choose a name next week and you gotta be green.

This is being done by me and not the folks running the Muster event. I just figured it might help get a few more bucks in the coffers for them. So whatever you can offer up 5 10 50 it will help what is likely to be quite a visible event. Any specific questions just pm me.

Back
Top Bottom