• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Muster on Lexington Battle Green

Who's planning to Attend?

• Total voters
... We are also trying to get some celebrity speakers as well as firearm manufacturers. We are also open to suggestion from anyone who has contact with these potential speakers. ...

How about Matt Light? How about some descendents of the original Minutemen?

... P.S. Has anyone contacted Roger Fuller, our own RKBA reenactor?

And him^!

... Last, all the gun give-away threads have over 100 pages participants, i.e. over 1000 green members. If you care to enter for a gun giveaway, you should care enough to chip in a little support.

P.S. Please add a poll to this thread so people can voice that they're going. We all draw strength from each other, the bigger the number the more will be inspired to come.

Maybe combine a give-away with contributions, kind of like a raffle sort of thing? I'd donate a box of 9mm, if that is something people might want.

Just thinking out loud here.

Again, you need to rally the clubs to rally their members. MSC's big annual meeting this month is the way to reach them. Also, if people want to reach the kids, I bet right now is the time to start booking tables and/or space for the BIG MOE.

After attending the GOAL Rally today, I highly encourage the speakers at this upcoming rally to work the crowd up. I don't mean this with any disrespect to any of the speakers today, but I felt a huge adrenaline rush and a high during and after the January rally. There were moments of that today, but I didn't leave today with the same feeling. Maybe it was because in January we were all packed in tight and just being closer and in a smaller space has a psychological impact. Today we were more spread out. In any event, I'd like to see more engaging the crowd; get a call and response going; help us to get pumped up.

If you are unable to make the Muster on Lexington Green because of travel time, I wanted to let you know we will be doing a 2nd Amendment Rally the same day
(April 19th from 3-7pm) in West Springfield, MA.
New_2a_rally_flyer.png

Some people on the facebook page are still thinking about Open carrying their ARs at this thing.

Do NOT open carry a long gun of any sort; this will be a good way to get arrested.

http://goal.org/masslawpages/masslawsfaq.html said:
CARRYING RIFLES OR SHOTGUNS ON A PUBLIC WAY:
The state has enacted specific requirements for carrying a rifle or shotgun on the person on a public way.

Loaded guns: Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person a loaded rifle or shotgun on a public way (see exemptions below).

Unloaded guns: Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person on any public way an unloaded rifle or shotgun unless such rifle or shotgun is enclosed in a case. This subsection “does not apply to drills, parades, military reenactments or other commemorative ceremonies, color guards or memorial service firing squads, so called, as permitted by law.”

Exceptions: The provisions of these sections do not apply to (i) any officer, agent or employee of the Commonwealth or any other state, or the United States (ii) any member of the military or other service of any state or the United States, including national guard, reserves and junior reserve officer training corps (iii) any law enforcement officer, agent or employee of any municipality of the commonwealth, if the persons described are authorized by a competent authority to so carry a loaded or unloaded rifle or shotgun on a public way and such person is acting within the scope of his duties or training, or (iv) a person who is lawfully engaged in hunting and is the holder of a valid hunting or sporting license. (Chapter 269, section 12D.

Do NOT open carry a long gun of any sort; this will be a good way to get arrested.

Yea totally agree...when I see that stuff, i call them out on it. Dont spoil it for the rest of us. There was one guy on there that wouldnt let it go...I would really love to drop his name on here, but i dont want to bring FB drama on here.

We did not contact Matt Light or Roger Fuller. We did however attempt to get the following; Bruce Willis, Ted Nugent, Johnny Depp, Gunny, Chuck Norris, and Steven Segall with no prevail.

We are also working on various fundraising initiatives but it's a very tricky subject. So far, contributions are the best solution we can come up with.

As I have said before, open carry of any type of firearms will not be tolerated. This includes muskets, toys, and replicas. Although the majority of the Lexington Police support us, there are still a couple bad eggs or red coats on the department who seem to have forgotten their oaths to the constitution. Let’s make sure we are all well versed in our rights and not give them one inch of ground to stand on.

As for the clown on facebook that want to open carry, he is being dealt with accordingly.

As of today, Stewart Rhodes informed me that Sheriff Mack cannot make the rally but he is seeking another great speaker. He is also advertising the Muster on the Oath Keepers web site. Oath Keepers » Oath Keepers ? Guardians of the Republic

I would also love it is there were pocket constitutions to give out. If anyone has them or knows where I can get them, please let me know. We also need a videographer to film this event.

I threw together an additional flyer that can be used for sharing or printing if you wish to do so.
Muster copy.jpg

I'm not sure what quality it will print with from clicking the pic on the NES post. If you would like the PDF file just PM me your email and I will send it over.

As I have said before, open carry of any type of firearms will not be tolerated. This includes muskets, toys, and replicas.

I am giving serious thought to cutting out an outline of an AR-15 from a piece of plywood, painting it pink and then stenciling on it in black letters "Chapter 269, section 12D."

Chapter 269 said:
Section 12D. (a) Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person on any public way a loaded rifle or shotgun having cartridges or shells in either the magazine or chamber thereof. For purposes of this section, “loaded shotgun or loaded rifle” shall mean any shotgun or rifle having ammunition in either the magazine or chamber thereof, such ammunition including a live cartridge, primer (igniter), bullet or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm, rifle or shotgun and, in the case of a muzzle loading or black powder shotgun or rifle, containing powder in the flash pan, a percussion cap and shot or ball; but the term “loaded shotgun or loaded rifle” shall not include a shotgun or rifle loaded with a blank cartridge, which contains no projectile within such blank or within the bore or chamber of such shotgun or rifle.

Whoever violates the provisions of this subsection shall be punished by a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $5,000 or by imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than two years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and may be arrested without a warrant; provided, however, that if such rifle or shotgun is a large capacity weapon, as defined in section 121 of chapter 140, such person shall be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and may be arrested without a warrant.

(b) Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person on any public way an unloaded rifle or shotgun, unless such rifle or shotgun is enclosed in a case.

Whoever violates the provisions of this subsection shall be punished by a fine of not less than $100 nor more than $1,000, and may be arrested without a warrant; provided, however, that if such unloaded rifle or shotgun is a large capacity weapon and is carried simultaneously with a fully or partially loaded large capacity feeding device, such person shall be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and may be arrested without a warrant.

This subsection shall not apply to drills, parades, military reenactments or other commemorative ceremonies, color guards or memorial service firing squads, so-called, as permitted by law.

(c) Upon a conviction of a violation of any provision of this section, such rifle or shotgun shall be confiscated by the commonwealth and, upon written order of the court, such weapon shall be forwarded to the colonel of the state police, who may dispose of such weapon in the manner prescribed in section 10.

(d) The provisions of this section shall not apply to the carrying of a loaded or unloaded rifle or shotgun on a public way by (i) any officer, agent or employee of the commonwealth or any other state or the United States, including any federal, state or local law enforcement personnel; (ii) any member of the military or other service of any state or the United States, including members of the national guard, reserves and junior reserve officer training corps; (iii) any duly authorized law enforcement officer, agent or employee of any municipality of the commonwealth; provided, however, that any such person described in clauses (i) to (iii), inclusive, shall be authorized by a competent authority to so carry a loaded or unloaded rifle or shotgun on a public way and such person is acting within the scope of his duties or training; or (iv) a person who is lawfully engaged in hunting and is the holder of a valid hunting or sporting license issued pursuant to chapter 131. This section shall not apply to the operation of a shooting gallery, licensed and defined under the provisions of section 56A of chapter 140, nor to persons using the same.

Last edited:
But, but, I just gave them away right here. ;-)

I wish we could do the bump phones and auto download to everyone, I've spent a few thousand dollars on giving these away. They are $250 per thousand, I gave away 300 the first rally on the common, almost 500 this last one and 1000 hopefully for Lexington. When we went to DC I gave away a few thousand a couple of different times.

Back
Top Bottom