"Must Read"

RKG

NES Member
"Liberty's Last Stand," by Stephen Coonts.

About $9 from Kindle, which is a bit much for a Kindle book, but worth every penny.

Normally, I don't presume to tell folks what books they "must read," since everyone's tastes are different and no one's tastes are "right" for everyone else.

This is an exception to that rule.

You're not the boss of me! [grin]

From publishers weekly: "President Barry Soetoro, the villain of bestseller Coonts's provocative thriller, is due to leave office in five months when he uses a convenient terrorist attack to declare martial law, adjourn Congress, suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and become the dictator of the United States."

Hoo boy. You should look it up just to see the people losing their minds in the reviews on Amazon. How dare you insult president boyfriend! Glorious leader shall not be reviled! (paraphrasing,but close) lol

Sounds like ridiculous drivel based on an absurd plot.

One of the early criticisms of Obama was that he bored easily of jobs and would be looking for the next new thing to do. My guess is he can't wait to get out of office and make millions on the lecture circuit telling other people how they should live.

Sometimes I get lucky when someone informs me I "must" do something, Tulamore Dew is a good whiskey and the fellow was right that I must try it.[laugh]

"Liberty's Last Stand," by Stephen Coonts.

About $9 from Kindle, which is a bit much for a Kindle book, but worth every penny.

Normally, I don't presume to tell folks what books they "must read," since everyone's tastes are different and no one's tastes are "right" for everyone else.

This is an exception to that rule.

I read some of his early books, he was really good, does the author still have it, or has he gone downhill?

- - - Updated - - -

You're not the boss of me! [grin]

From publishers weekly: "President Barry Soetoro, the villain of bestseller Coonts's provocative thriller, is due to leave office in five months when he uses a convenient terrorist attack to declare martial law, adjourn Congress, suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and become the dictator of the United States."

Hoo boy. You should look it up just to see the people losing their minds in the reviews on Amazon. How dare you insult president boyfriend! Glorious leader shall not be reviled! (paraphrasing,but close) lol

He named him Barry? [rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like ridiculous drivel based on an absurd plot.

One of the early criticisms of Obama was that he bored easily of jobs and would be looking for the next new thing to do. My guess is he can't wait to get out of office and make millions on the lecture circuit telling other people how they should live.

+1 it'll be Hillary we need to watch out for, she's the true fanatic. Obama just wants to play golf and give six figure speeches the rest of his life - ok, not unlike the last 8 years.

I stumbled into this thread by accident. I'm always looking for a good read, thanks for the recommendation. In the future maybe you should consider a more appropriate title . I would have though "Liberty's Last Stand is a good read" or "Recommended read - Liberty's Last Stand".

I've got the book in by Amazon list, thanks!

Boston public library has it for Kindle (and other e-formats) for free.

I liked it, but almost entirely because of subject matter. I don't think its one of his better written books.

Back
Top Bottom