• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Musket That Fired First Shot At Bunker Hill Sold At Auction

Not sure... but Vera is cute.
I think she went to Haaahvid...
MV5BMGJjYzI2ZWEtODIxNy00MmQ4LTgzMTMtYTcxMDUzNjJmOTkyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzIyMTA4MjA@._V1_.jpg

She was definitely cute in that. But (I had to look) she's only 46 and looks closer to 66. Hard mileage. Sad. I liked her fake Boston accent, too.

You do realize that Blue Hill Ave up until 1972 or so was essentially no different than Beacon Street in Brookline/Newton right?

We moved back in 76, so it was already bad. LOL

I remember back in the 80's, there was a MFTV movie about the busing situation in Boston. Jane Curtain starred as the racist white mom from Southie or Dot. I forget. What I do remember is the scene where the riots are going on around BHA. She's standing on her stoop LOOKING over at the fires and such. "Ahhh mah gahhh, deahhh burnin up deahhh own neeaabahhooooodz." Except you can't SEE from her stoop. LOL. (Similar to Friends of Eddie Coyle when they go from the Garden to the bowling alley in Dot and drive thru the airport tunnels to get there.)

But for as long as I've known Boston, BHA isn't a place to be. "Up until 72" might as well be "since the age of the dinosaur."

I haven't done much gunsmithing since I got the job at the factory, but I kind of want to build a repro of that gun. Track should have a lock and trigger guard that are good enough but the barrel and bands might be difficult to source. If I had access to a traditional blacksmith shop, I'd be tempted to replicate a mandrel and forge a strip of wrought iron from an old wagon spring into a barrel. European walnut for the stock. I don't like the fancypants muskets and longrifles. I like the kinda shit that the colonists would have used against the British, and I cant think of a more quintessential example of that sort of thing than the musket in question here.

Back
Top Bottom