Murphy and Bloomenthol going after Starbucks

someone put this in the comments lol

original.jpg

I mentioned this in another thread......why all the concentration on Starbucks? Is it because the left wing moonbats are ashamed that their beloved overpriced coffee shop disagrees with their point of view? For crying out load Starbucks has not even come out and stated they are "pro gun".....all they state is they refuse to put up "no firearms allowed" signs and allow folks to carry firearms IN ACCORDANCE WITH LOCAL AND STATE LAWS. There are huge grocery store chains that don't "post" their property as no guns allowed why are they not going after them and concentrating so hard on Starbucks?

God these people make me sick.

"The Starbucks gun policy, which allows customers to carry firearms, including concealed weapons, in accordance with local laws, "undermines the safety and well-being of our citizens," the signers say."

Do they even take one second to think about what they are saying? Just look at that passage that I quoted above. It even says that they allow what is in accordance with local laws, which is basically stating that the carriers would be law abiding themselves, and not street thugs. And to add further insult they mention concealed carry. Do they really think that anyone, ESPECIALLY someone carrying concealed illegally already would even give a rat's ass about a no guns sign?[laugh]

I mentioned this in another thread......why all the concentration on Starbucks? Is it because the left wing moonbats are ashamed that their beloved overpriced coffee shop disagrees with their point of view? For crying out load Starbucks has not even come out and stated they are "pro gun".....all they state is they refuse to put up "no firearms allowed" signs and allow folks to carry firearms IN ACCORDANCE WITH LOCAL AND STATE LAWS. There are huge grocery store chains that don't "post" their property as no guns allowed why are they not going after them and concentrating so hard on Starbucks?

God these people make me sick.

It's part that, and part that the gun control pissants desperately need some sort of victory... any victory just to keep their momentum going and stay in the news.

After Sandy "****ing" Hook, they were ecstatic believing that any gun control measure they wanted, would be handed to them on a silver platter.

Instead they got their asses handed to them by Congress.

Even though several states responded to their whims by enacting tougher gun control measures, they were states (with the possible exception of CO), that have always been, and always will be anti-gun regardless of what happened at Newtown.

And as you pointed out, that's why they're so pissed and persistent at Starbucks... it's a Liberal haven and what should have been an easy, in the bag win for them, didn't happen.

In the big picture of gun control and gun control laws, the whole Starbucks thing is barely on my radar/at the bottom of my list of things to be concerned with.

However... it would suck if Starbucks caved in.

Not because I think it would be a blow to our seconded amendment rights, but because I refuse to concede an inch of ground to these loathsome parasites.

I am very interested to see which way this thing goes.

I suppose it's just a matter of how much political pressure the anti-liberty crazies throw down upon Starbucks, and how much backbone Starbucks can find during this bombardment.

I am not reply sure what to think about their decision to close the Newtown location early that day, it may have been an attempt to just avoid an ugly confrontation, not realizing that they were in fact giving an inch.

I really hope it turns out in our favor, this is just another in a long time of attempts by the extremist liberals to undermine a company's rights, as well individual rights. They simply refuse to understand that just because they don't particularly like something, that doesn't give them the right to just BAN it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I know this is asking for alot....but can someone explain to me how making star bucks a "gun free zone" will stop criminals from going in there with guns? I mean has there been a rash of shootings in starbucks across the country lately? I am in absolute confusion over how this will help anyone....am I over thinking it? I feel like trying to get logic from these people is like trying to get blood from a stone.

I know this is asking for alot....but can someone explain to me how making star bucks a "gun free zone" will stop criminals from going in there with guns? I mean has there been a rash of shootings in starbucks across the country lately? I am in absolute confusion over how this will help anyone....am I over thinking it? I feel like trying to get logic from these people is like trying to get blood from a stone.

It won't. Nor will any 'gun free zone' sign. The purpose is to make a segment of voters 'feel good' and to show support for a certain political agenda. When these signs get ignored by criminals it proves that we need more restrictive laws since the signs don't work. Further restrictions are the goal, not safety.

I think we need to be more vocal to Starbucks themselves, and email them and let them know "hey thanks for following the law instead of the moonbattery"

Pulling Starbucks in will have consequences. They've long said they wanted no part of the gun debate, but 'our' side just wouldn't leave them alone.

They'll cave, and I won't blame them for it.

The best thing to do is stop having these retarded support Starbucks/carry a gun to Starbucks days. They are merely allowing what is allowable by law, they are not on one side or the other.

What they have said, is that they wish to be left out of the debate and not be made a focal point. So, if we keep making them the focal point and dragging them into the debate, we can't be surprised when they just make their stores gun free zones just to end the friggin' debate over guns in Starbucks.

If you like Starbucks, keep going there. If not, don't. Just stop doing exactly what they asked us NOT to do.

I agree with putting a stop to the bring your gun to starbucks events. I think it has contributed to the anti mindset that Starbucks is "pro gun". They are not! They are neutral and simply chose to adhere to local and state laws on carrying fire arms.

I agree with putting a stop to the bring your gun to starbucks events. I think it has contributed to the anti mindset that Starbucks is "pro gun". They are not! They are neutral and simply chose to adhere to local and state laws on carrying fire arms.

Isn't carrying at Walmart a rite of passage for new gun owners? Is anyone going after them to change their rules? No. Why? Because soccer moms don't hang out at Walmart between getting lunch with the girls and picking up Susie and Davie from school.

A quick glimpse of Starbucks' stock shows a steady increase for about the last 5 years. If they start to see a decline that they can attribute to antis boycotting their businesses, they might have cause to take a position. Otherwise it's just free publicity.

The problem with these whiners is that they want their Starbucks, but they don't like guns and instead of sending the message with their Louis Vuitton clutches and buying their coffee elsewhere, they bitch and moan. The inner conflict of knowing they're hypocrites is just too much for them.

If anyone, politicians should respect private property rights.
Private Property rights are literally THE opposing force to politics.

It was this fact/sentiment that drove our Revolution and Constitution. Our constitution broke from the monarchist tradition of Kings owning all the land and "granting" it to those connected few they wished to favor.

John Locke correctly described private property and the ownership of one's self as the most important of our fundamental rights. Government is the antithesis of this as it is practiced today and as it is usually practiced.

The revolutionary statement of our nation's formation was that government that refuses to protect our right to life, liberty and property serves only to oppress and lacks legitimacy and moral authority to govern.

No surprise that even our own government, ostensibly based on this notion has been trying to undo it ever since.

Contact Us | Starbucks Coffee Company

Sent them a note thanking them for not bowing to political pressure and not altering policy to appease the whims of a select group of fanatics.

Similar sent here, I also told them while the antis may shout louder because they have nothing to do, that we are still supportive of them and are doing so with our money

I sent this:

THANK YOU for not bowing to the absurd pressure to make your stores "gun free". Thank you for respecting state and local laws concerning this matter. That is how it should be. Not mob rule.

Back
Top Bottom