Multiple people shot in active shooter situation at Pearl Harbor base: reports

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Multiple people have been shot at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard in Hawaii, and the active shooter situation is ongoing, according to local reports.

a large ship in the water
© Kent Nishimura
The century-old naval shipyard is on lockdown, and first responders have rushed to the area, Hawaii News Now reported Wednesday.

The Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam said in a tweet that the shooting incident took place at 2:30 p.m. local time, and access to the shipyard has been closed off.

Read More:

Multiple people have been shot at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard in Hawaii, and the active shooter situation is ongoing, according to local reports.

a large ship in the water
© Kent Nishimura
The century-old naval shipyard is on lockdown, and first responders have rushed to the area, Hawaii News Now reported Wednesday.

The Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam said in a tweet that the shooting incident took place at 2:30 p.m. local time, and access to the shipyard has been closed off.

Read More:

Five will get you 10 that the shooter was shouting Allahu Akbar as he opened fire

Five will get you 10 that the shooter was shouting Allahu Akbar as he opened fire

Shooter was reportedly an enlisted sailor assigned to one of the ships undergoing overhaul at the shipyard.

Victims were reportedly members of the QA office.

Shooter was reportedly an enlisted sailor assigned to one of the ships undergoing overhaul at the shipyard.

Victims were reportedly members of the QA office.

USS Columbia (SSN-771) was the ship.

Nuke who was going to get his ass and career handed to him because he got caught performing shortcuts and falsifying paperwork??? In my mind that's the only thing yard workers could catch that might cause someone to snap.

USS Columbia (SSN-771) was the ship.

Nuke who was going to get his ass and career handed to him because he got caught performing shortcuts and falsifying paperwork??? In my mind that's the only thing yard workers could catch that might cause someone to snap.

From what I’ve heard, the choice of victim was a matter of geographic convenience rather than targeting; the dry dock containing Columbia is right next to the victims’ work center, and the shooter was an armed watchstander.

ETA: victims were also not associated with a part of the QA office that would deal with the situation you’re imagining.

From what I’ve heard, the choice of victim was a matter of geographic convenience rather than targeting; the dry dock containing Columbia is right next to the victims’ work center, and the shooter was an armed watchstander.

ETA: victims were also not associated with a part of the QA office that would deal with the situation you’re imagining.

Yikes, watchstander just snapped, that's a scary thing.

I could see someone going down the tubes wanting to "take revenge"- there's at least a touch of logic there.

Very sorry for the ones killed. Career #1 was building subs, in career #2 I set up a number of work planning computer systems at the Portsmouth yard that were also supporting Pearl and Norfolk functions. Good folks to work with.

Yikes, watchstander just snapped, that's a scary thing.

I could see someone going down the tubes wanting to "take revenge"- there's at least a touch of logic there.

Very sorry for the ones killed. Career #1 was building subs, in career #2 I set up a number of work planning computer systems at the Portsmouth yard that were also supporting Pearl and Norfolk functions. Good folks to work with.

The Navy in general seems to be struggling with sailors’ mental health during yard periods right now... “thankfully” when these poor kids go, they usually get themselves first.

The Navy in general seems to be struggling with sailors’ mental health during yard periods right now... “thankfully” when these poor kids go, they get themselves first.

My son got out of the navy a couple of years ago, when he was at sub school they had a few they had to stand watch over due to MH issues.

When I was working for the Boat the navy vets always said yard layups were the worst times while in. Especially for the junior enlisted who lived on board.

My son got out of the navy a couple of years ago, when he was at sub school they had a few they had to stand watch over due to MH issues.

When I was working for the Boat the navy vets always said yard layups were the worst times while in. Especially for the junior enlisted who lived on board.
Depending on a handful of factors, yard periods can range from a few months to a few years. I can’t imagine being one of the poor bastards that end up “onboard” for a year+ of dry dock.

I have co-workers who frequent Pearl. Haven't heard anything yet but hoping that it's not someone I work with.

And the best thing is that the standing orders for active shooters is you are on your own until they can get a team together.

Boss: "We have an employee facing multiple disciplinary actions, could possibly go to prison, has expressed anger to his chain of command, and has been ordered into anger management classes."

Most workplaces: "Let's treat this one cautiously. Put him on paid leave, home duty, or suspension."

U.S. Navy: "Let's give him an M4, and M9, take away his weekend, and force him to stand watch."

A person familiar with the program said that Saudi Air Force officers selected for military training in the United States are intensely vetted by both countries.

What - background checks don’t stop shootings in gun-free zones? Well, there goes that idea out the window...

Time to take guns away from people who didn't do it, again!

Supporters of tighter gun laws seized on the latest shooting. 'Our veterans and active-duty military put their lives on the line to protect us overseas -- they shouldn't have to be terrorized by gun violence at home,' Cindy Martin, a volunteer with the Florida chapter of Moms Demand Action whose daughter works at the naval base, said in a statement.”

And do what? Put Saudis ona ‘No Flight School” list? Bigger “Gun Free Zone” signs? These people *are* just total idiots but 80% of Democrats are just nodding in agreement with the solution of more gun control even if it seems a little unclear to them why it might work.

Back
Top Bottom