Multiple padlocks keyed alike?

If you're going to get rekeyable locks for the club, pick up a tumbler pin set as well so you can swap out the pins yourself and save the club some money if/when the locks need to be rekeyed. Save the keys from all of the original locks you buy, and you can repin them to one of the other keys you already have.

At the time it didn't cost me (or the club) anything.

I worked at a College and the College Locksmith is a friend [wink] .

I bought a pack of 4 keyed-alike locks at the local Ace. I seem to recall there was a way to get more than more than 4 keyed-alike from them as well.

I have a number of ammo boxes, pistol boxes, and gun cases that need to be padlocked. I'd love to have 10 padlocks, all keyed alike so I don't have to carry (and lose) a gazillion keys. Has anyone found such a thing?

I have not read the entire thread and i do not know if anybody already touched on this but I would like to just chime in.

Im pretty sure any hardware store can sell you as many padlocks as you'd like all keyed together. Masterlock sells what I would call "blank" padlocks that can be set to work with a key.

Any heavy duty padlock will work fine and anybody who would hassle you over it is a 100% grade A unpleasant person

We use two size Master Locks at work with each size having a dedicated key...probably go through 100-200 a month during the summer months (locking monitoring well caps). We order from a True Value hardware store local to our corporate office.... call with the lock size and preferred key number and they are sent in bulk. Pretty sure most hardware stores could do it if they wanted to.

Colony supply has them in stock. They are in Dorchester on Freeport st. But the do ship/ deliver.

Sure, they can but why bother? Any decent locksmith will have boxes of padlocks that are already keyed alike from the manufacturer. You would be nuts to pay a premium for IC padlocks unless you were planning to re-key them multiple times in the future.

Bingo!
I got a case of brass Master locks all keyed the same from a local locksmith shop.
Very easy and convenient.
Best regards.

I've purchased locks from this ebay seller, all keyed alike:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/pitti_pat/m...=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Very happy with the product and service.

Best,

Rich

Maybe it's just paranoia, but I don't think I'd by any securty devices that I couldn't change the access control features (combination, key, etc) from someone off Ebay. I can see someone offering a "great deal" on locks, gun safes, etc on Ebay, noting the access control method (like a copy of the key or combination) and having it paired with your address.

Back
Top Bottom