• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Multiple Firefighters shot

Yea, just heard about the straw purchase on the local news.

People are stupid. Buddy bought a handgun yesterday, and was already asking me questions:

Him - "So if I wanted to sell this to XXXX, there is no background check?"

Me - "Why can't XXXX buy his own handgun?"

Him - "Well, he has some BS pot charge from way back..."

Me - "No, you can't if you know he is a felon."

Him - "Well, what if I didn't know that he was..."

People are so dumb. This is part of why I really have no problem with ALL transactions needing to go through FFL. Local businesses can make money off the transfer, and guns stay out of these psychos hands.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/28/firefighter-slayings/1796797/

Arrest made for straw purchase but given the particular brand of crazy this dude was, I reserve judgement. Why would he write in the note where he got the guns?

But I am telling you, this is going to cause the whole universal background check thing to happen. It's not a matter of it, but when.

they need to be willing to hand EVERY parolee a gun on their way out of the can. safe enough to release? safe enough to hold a piece.

People are so dumb. This is part of why I really have no problem with ALL transactions needing to go through FFL. Local businesses can make money off the transfer, and guns stay out of these psychos hands.

I dont think we need to go THAT far... But makeing it so that you have to prove legality... (in mass just showing a LTC or FID would be enough). That would suck for all the free staters who can just buy a long gun. I know that plenty on here will be against ANY sort of new restrictions but I really dont think we can get out of this one scott free unless some major PRO gun story hits all the airwaves soon..

I think they should open the NICS system to private sellers.

Likewise I think if proven that this woman straw purchased she should be charged as an accessory to murder. I think straw purchasers should always be charged as an accessory to any crime committed if convicted of being a straw purchaser. THESE are the kind of laws that won't hurt any of us but might actually work towards reducing criminal access to firearms.

Mike

Last edited:

People are stupid. Buddy bought a handgun yesterday, and was already asking me questions:

Him - "So if I wanted to sell this to XXXX, there is no background check?"

Me - "Why can't XXXX buy his own handgun?"

Him - "Well, he has some BS pot charge from way back..."

Me - "No, you can't if you know he is a felon."

Him - "Well, what if I didn't know that he was..."

The anti gunner's rhetoric also feeds this stupidity and makes it worse. When they spew stupidity about automatic weapons and self-defense scenarios I cringe because the stupid among us may believe it.

I could be up for that, though I would be against makeing it a requirement for private sellers to use the NCIS. Just as long as its an option. And charge the hell out of people who KNOWINGLY sells to someone who cant legally own a firearm (a known PP).

I think they should open the NICS system to private sellers.

Likewise I think if proven that this woman straw purchased she should be charged as an accessory to murder. I think straw purchasers should always be charged as an accessory to any crime committed if convicted of being a straw purchaser. THESE are the kind of laws that won't hurt any of us but might actually work towards reducing criminal access to firearms.

Mike

There's already a law saying that you can't sell a gun to someone who's a prohibited person (whether you are an FFL or it's a private sale). How does adding another law saying that all legal sales have to go through an FFL prevent someone who didn't give a shit about the first law from selling/giving the gun to a prohibited person?

Only people who cared to obey the first law are going to obey the second law.

your DL in NH is your background check. [rolleyes] i can freaking believe the advocacy for gun control on this board sometimes.

if you have your Pistol and Revolver Permit, that's your background check... just like in MA, the LTC / FID is the god damn background check.

why do you hate freedom?

if you knowingly sell a gun to a PP, it's already illegal.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/28/firefighter-slayings/1796797/

Arrest made for straw purchase but given the particular brand of crazy this dude was, I reserve judgement. Why would he write in the note where he got the guns?

But I am telling you, this is going to cause the whole universal background check thing to happen. It's not a matter of it, but when.

Perhaps but how would a universal background check have prevented this situation?

I could be up for that, though I would be against makeing it a requirement for private sellers to use the NCIS. Just as long as its an option. And charge the hell out of people who KNOWINGLY sells to someone who cant legally own a firearm (a known PP).

E-FA-10. If your license isn't valid it won't go through, correct? I've never tried to buy from or sell to someone with a revoked/invalid license, so maybe I'm off base. I dislike the idea of requiring you to go through an FFL.

Shouldn't we just make it illegal to sell guns to prohibited people [/sarcasm]?

your DL in NH is your background check. [rolleyes] i can freaking believe the advocacy for gun control on this board sometimes.

if you have your Pistol and Revolver Permit, that's your background check... just like in MA, the LTC / FID is the god damn background check.

why do you hate freedom?

if you knowingly sell a gun to a PP, it's already illegal.

Very well said!

Anyone who is not in prison is entitled to their 2A rights. Where does it say in the BOR that felons can't own guns?

If there is a felon who society believes is too dangerous to own a firearm, then what the hell is he doing in society in the first place? We all know that laws and bans don't stop possession. How is the war on drugs going?

Every free man is entitled to their 2A rights. A murderer should not be allowed to ever leave prison. They should be hanged until dead. Making up some obnoxious law that sets an imaginary barrier between a murderer and his ability to own a gun is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

Take your anti-gun BS somewhere else.

E-FA-10. If your license isn't valid it won't go through, correct? I've never tried to buy from or sell to someone with a revoked/invalid license, so maybe I'm off base. I dislike the idea of requiring you to go through an FFL.

Shouldn't we just make it illegal to sell guns to prohibited people [/sarcasm]?

I sold to someone who lost and then found their LTC. So they had two and didn't remember which one was valid. The first one the E-FA10 had an invalid license please call issuing department for further instruction-esque message. The 2nd license we tried went through without issue.

Mike

What the F is going on out there? Newtown, police station shooting, ambush for firemen. Could not come at a worse time if you care about the right to bear arms!!!

A. Why do they give a damn about which company manufactured the firearm(s) used in a crime? Do some manufacturers impart special powers upon their products? If so, I want one of those.

B. Why do they give a damn about where that company is located? Was it Bushmaster from ME or NY? OMG, we need to get to the bottom of this!!!!!

C. Man, I gotta go get some fresh air.

Easier to convict her of the crime. I am betting a decent attorney gets her off.

More likely, she will be blackmailed into a plea bargain regardless of guilt or innocence. The attorney will explain that a firefighter was killed, the public is looking for someone to pay, and that juries like to convict.

Can't find the articles but I read the shooter was a satanist - no joke. Why not outlaw satanism? Oops - I forgot the free excercise of religion was in the bill of rights. Ooops again. I remembered the constitution, bill of rights and amendments were a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom