Multigun at Wallum Lake

so, if it's two-gun, will we have to 'transition' between firearms or will it be that whole 'pull from the bucket' thing I see in 3gun videos?

Normally, your pistol will be holstered, and the other firearms will be staged, unless starting with a long gun and using the pistol somewhere in the stage.
Going from one gun to another is the transition, whether the guns are staged, slung, or starting with a long gun, then pistol.

March 27 is our first match. Since we don't know what the weather or the condition of the range will be... The best I can do is say worst case we dig out one pit and put as much as we can in it to get some fun trigger time. If it's clear I will do 6 stages. Probably a 2 gun match, 2 divisions, pistol/shotgun or pistol/PCC. One gun can be open one has to be limited.

I assume somewhere along the way we will get a round count for slugs or birdshot depending on the range conditions

Arrgg. March 27 I'll be hunting snowies. Looking forward to the shotgun matches; made it to one last year and it was great (despite the rain.)

Last edited:
any luck on figuring out if this is going to be shotgun/pistol or pcc/pistol? I need to figure out how soon I need to finish my PCC build

Would really prefer shotgun/pistol as I don't own a PCC and don't really have any plans to...Don't want to speak for the rest of the group though.

First I'm sorry about the whole Easter thing but I have no kids or a nagging wife so I'll be there regardless. Apparently I'm not the only one as I have received more than a few emails confirming attendance.
Classes? There's really only one division.
These are ur options....
Pistol/shotgun
Or
Pistol/PCC
One gun can be open
Open is open. Ur only restrictions are caliber 9, .40, .45, 12or20ga. If u think u have something else that is acceptable u need to call me.
Limited for this match is as follows.....
No optics period one any gun.
140 pistol mags
33rd PCC mags
9max in the gun to start for shotgun.

FWIW I will be shooting open pistol/limited shotgun.

First I'm sorry about the whole Easter thing but I have no kids or a nagging wife so I'll be there regardless. Apparently I'm not the only one as I have received more than a few emails confirming attendance.
Classes? There's really only one division.
These are ur options....
Pistol/shotgun
Or
Pistol/PCC
One gun can be open
Open is open. Ur only restrictions are caliber 9, .40, .45, 12or20ga. If u think u have something else that is acceptable u need to call me.
Limited for this match is as follows.....
No optics period one any gun.
140 pistol mags
33rd PCC mags
9max in the gun to start for shotgun.

FWIW I will be shooting open pistol/limited shotgun.

forgive my ignorance

you say "open" or "limited", your referring to ammo capacity? accessories? what?

also, last year (November?) we did about 160 +/- shells @ 6 stages, would it be fair to say with the combined handgun, that it would likely be about half & half for round count?

I will likely be doing PCC and my wife doing shotgun

Wallum in March Better bring your boots as the mud will be sucking you in. . Either way I'll be there Are you running 10 rd max on pistol mags or anything goes?

Ok so we are a month out, who's coming? Please send me an email if u plan on being there. The weather will still effect how many stages we do but I'd plan for 150 total targets. All steel if u want to shoot more shotgun then bring more shells. U will use both guns on each stage. Ur pistol mags are only limited by length. If u don't understand the rules I already posted please email me.

2 gun match means 2 guns. If u want to shoot mostly shotgun that's ok bring extra shells but u will need to transfer to ur pistol at some point.

So is there an update is this on for March 27 do we have to email anyone?

rules?

thx

PS coming out of my reloading cave its bright out there today[smile]

Want to thank all the RO's for putting on a great show- given how many people showed up, it might have been a good idea to run 3 squads but I know there were issues with the timing equipment. All in all a great job and will be looking forward to returning! As a new multigunner, I was very thankful for everyone who helped me through the first couple of strings.

Want to thank all the RO's for putting on a great show- given how many people showed up, it might have been a good idea to run 3 squads but I know there were issues with the timing equipment. All in all a great job and will be looking forward to returning! As a new multigunner, I was very thankful for everyone who helped me through the first couple of strings.

pleasure having you
Dave

For clarification: Saturday's match is two stages? Heavy Metal guns are OK?

Check the Facebook page or email the MD. I emailed the MD - all rifle shots are on paper so any center fire rifle OK. I know plenty of folks use 45s on the steel and almost everyone will be using a 12 GA so you should be OK.

Back
Top Bottom