• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Multigun at Wallum Lake

Hey guys, Just a heads up. At the moment there are 2 shotgun matches scheduled for the summer. Both are the Saturday's before the pistol pro am matches. I asked for a match date at the end of March, not sure if it will be a 1,2or3 gun yet but I'm itching to shoot something asap. As soon as I have the day I'll post the details. The other thing that I asked for was pistol caliber carbine. If u don't have one get one

If u have questions about what matches "I'm" gonna be running this season post them here or email me directly at [email protected]. As always we are looking for help and the more help I have the bigger the matches can get.

Chris

Chris,
It's good to see that more matches besides pistol will be available. The shotgun match in October was a lot of fun. Looking forward to more.

Hey guys, Just a heads up. At the moment there are 2 shotgun matches scheduled for the summer. Both are the Saturday's before the pistol pro am matches. I asked for a match date at the end of March, not sure if it will be a 1,2or3 gun yet but I'm itching to shoot something asap. As soon as I have the day I'll post the details. The other thing that I asked for was pistol caliber carbine. If u don't have one get one

If u have questions about what matches "I'm" gonna be running this season post them here or email me directly at [email protected]. As always we are looking for help and the more help I have the bigger the matches can get.

Chris

Does 22 rimfire qualify for "pistol caliber" carbine? I know it did at Pioneer several years ago.

Ok, I'm going to be that guy and ask, but will the barrel length be limited to a minimum of 16 inches. If you can read between the lines, you can see where this question is going without asking it directly.

Sorry no .22's. I wanted to do rimfire only but everyone I asked said they just couldn't find enough ammo. At the moment I only want to see 9's .40's & .45's. Anything other than that we will need to talk.

SBR's are fine as long as u have the paper work.

Why not have a pistol caliber carbine division at the weekly steel matches? That would be fun. I'm up for whatever you have planned as you tend to run a fun match. I think both my kids would come out to play with pistol caliber carbines. Wallum Lake may be about the only matches we shoot this year.

-Cuz.

Sorry no .22's. I wanted to do rimfire only but everyone I asked said they just couldn't find enough ammo. At the moment I only want to see 9's .40's & .45's. Anything other than that we will need to talk.

Not in RI, 11-47-8
(b) No person shall have in his or her possession or under his or her control any sawed-off shotgun or sawed-off rifle as defined in § 11-47-2. Any person convicted of violating this subsection shall be punished by imprisonment for up to ten (10) years, or by a fine of up to five thousand dollars ($5,000), or both.

I did some quick looking and u are correct. No SBR's or SBS's in RI. So there u go, it's gotta be legal in the state if u want to shoot it.

Thanks Mike

but is a registered short barrel rifle the same thing as a sawed off in the eyes of the state? it seems to me that the way that is written it is forbidding taking a hack saw to an existing firearm.

but is a registered short barrel rifle the same thing as a sawed off in the eyes of the state? it seems to me that the way that is written it is forbidding taking a hack saw to an existing firearm.

No registered SBR's in RI, not even an exception for LE.

A 5320.20 to RI will not be approved

In the eyes or RI
(9) "Sawed-off rifle" means any rifle with overall length of less than twenty-six inches (26") and/or barrel length of less than sixteen inches (16").

Had a guy on my squad at Monson with an SBR. It was bad in the bays, on the long range stage under the metal roof, brutal in an understatement. The timer could not be heard when he timed out, plugs and muffs were not enough.

Why should ammo availability be a factor? I have enough 22 to shoot the match with my AR but I don't have a centerfire carbine, thus I cannot shoot the match. Let everyone shoot with whatever carbine they can bring to the match.

I've helped run a match or two and there are a few problems with running rimfire/centerfire at the same match. I could speak to those problems but the question is - where do you draw the line? Airsoft, pellet guns, BB guns? All are available in an AR configuration. I don't presume to speak for Chris but I agree it should be a centerfire only match.

Last edited:
Why should ammo availability be a factor? I have enough 22 to shoot the match with my AR but I don't have a centerfire carbine, thus I cannot shoot the match. Let everyone shoot with whatever carbine they can bring to the match.

Can't please everyone Sorry I won't see u. Let me know when u decide to run a practical rimfire match and I will be there as I too have the equipment and ammo sitting there begging to be used.

I am stoked for this! I have already informed 5 other friends of mine who missed the practical shotgun event last year. once the dates are provided, I intend to register myself and my wife

as far as pistol caliber carbine, this is a great opportunity to begin investing in a complete set-up, looking to do 9mm myself

Had a guy on my squad at Monson with an SBR. It was bad in the bays, on the long range stage under the metal roof, brutal in an understatement. The timer could not be heard when he timed out, plugs and muffs were not enough.

Looks like I am out since that gun is 5.56.

Pistol caliber would be much quieter, no worse than an open gun.

Ok, I'm going to be that guy and ask, but will the barrel length be limited to a minimum of 16 inches. If you can read between the lines, you can see where this question is going without asking it directly.

going to assume you're asking about a pistol with a sig brace?

Not in RI, 11-47-8

No registered SBR's in RI, not even an exception for LE.

A 5320.20 to RI will not be approved

I'm not sure how everything works in this state. I know one person with automatic rifles and another who is LE that got an SBR a couple years ago. Both reside and work in RI.

Can't please everyone�� Sorry I won't see u. Let me know when u decide to run a practical rimfire match and I will be there as I too have the equipment and ammo sitting there begging to be used.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Pioneer ran a carbine match that included 223, centerfire pistol, and 22 rimfire. Interesting as 22 rim fire took the top three positions. I though you were considering including all pistol calibers (including 22) in your match and rejected the idea due to ammo availability.

March 27 is our first match. Since we don't know what the weather or the condition of the range will be... The best I can do is say worst case we dig out one pit and put as much as we can in it to get some fun trigger time. If it's clear I will do 6 stages. Probably a 2 gun match, 2 divisions, pistol/shotgun or pistol/PCC. One gun can be open one has to be limited.

Back
Top Bottom