Multi town gun buyback central MA.

The truth of the matter is that if these things were run right, they could actually do some good.

Its not about getting "guns off the streets". Its about getting them out of non-gun person homes.

When my wife's grandfather died in FL, he had a couple of old crappy, sears .22 rifles and a raven handgun. We found them when her grandmother died. So they sat in a home, "owned" by a woman who had no idea how to use them. Essentially they could do no good since they weren't being used or carried. But they could do harm if they were stolen.

The goal should be not to destroy them, but to get the out of homes where they are unwanted.

Pay the money. Sell them to dealers, get them back into hands of people who want them.

Don

p.s. This is just like how idiot anti-gun folks have ruined the whole smart gun initiative. If we look at a smart gun as any other gun. It just has a feature that you can choose to purchase or not. It lives or dies in the marketplace based on the desire for the feature. I think for some casual gun owners, it could be a good thing. Whether its good or not is actually irrelevant. It adds diversity to the offerings in the marketplace. Always good. Until idiots put laws in place that mandate the technology if a single gun is ever offered for sale. But I digress.

Better yet, save your duds.

Is it me, or does anyone else have a reloading "oops bucket?" From missed primers, bullets seated to deep on set-up, crushed case mouths ect....you know, those rounds you mess up time to time when you're working up a load and toss in a bucket with plans to pull it later but never do? How about bagging those up?

...They will accept them, not that they will pay for them.

That's how I interpreted it also. I'm going to laugh if we see a thread in a few weeks ranting about how someone went out and bought five $10 toy guns and wasted a couple hours only to find out that they weren't getting paid for them. [rofl]

Is it me, or does anyone else have a reloading "oops bucket?" From missed primers, bullets seated to deep on set-up, crushed case mouths ect....you know, those rounds you mess up time to time when you're working up a load and toss in a bucket with plans to pull it later but never do? How about bagging those up?

I take them apart and reclaim the good parts.

I do take everything from the dud box at my club and I have shit tons of .22's. I bring them to the range and retry them, except for the bent/dented cases. Most go off.

Back
Top Bottom