• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MTV's True Life focusing on gun owners this week.

Well I watched the program and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I definately have to admit the worst profile on the program was that of the girl Lenne. Showing a girl who was SEVERELY paranoid is not good for pro-gun votes. Plus, when she was shooting with her dad she wasn't wearing any safety glasses, she lazered or swept her hand, and her gun handling skills were absolutely HORRIFIC!!! Then to make matters worse she went out to a club with her gun and was even drinking alcohol. Way to go breaking the law on national tv. Over all I didn't think the show was as negative as I expected but it could have been done much better. They sould have profiled more NORMAL people that use guns as a hobby and as a means of stress relief. They could have visited different ranges and matches and interviewed some of the regulars. The program was watchable but not highly recommended by me.

Pete

Well I watched the program and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I definately have to admit the worst profile on the program was that of the girl Lenne. Showing a girl who was SEVERELY paranoid is not good for pro-gun votes. Plus, when she was shooting with her dad she wasn't wearing any safety glasses, she lazered or swept her hand, and her gun handling skills were absolutely HORRIFIC!!! Then to make matters worse she went out to a club with her gun and was even drinking alcohol. Way to go breaking the law on national tv. Over all I didn't think the show was as negative as I expected but it could have been done much better. They sould have profiled more NORMAL people that use guns as a hobby and as a means of stress relief. They could have visited different ranges and matches and interviewed some of the regulars. The program was watchable but not highly recommended by me.

Pete

Pete, not knowing VA laws, I don't know if possession of a gun where alcohol is served is legal or not. In MA, it is perfectly legal, as long as you don't get drunk.

I agree with the rest of your assessment of the show.

Pete, not knowing VA laws, I don't know if possession of a gun where alcohol is served is legal or not. In MA, it is perfectly legal, as long as you don't get drunk.

LenS said:

I used to live in VA when I was stationed there and It is illegal to carry concealed in any establishment that sells alcohol for onsite consumption. Any resturaunt that sells alcohol as well as bars both fall into that catagory. Open carry is allowed in those establishments, but I think you're still not allowed to drink.

LenS said:

I used to live in VA when I was stationed there and It is illegal to carry concealed in any establishment that sells alcohol for onsite consumption. Any resturaunt that sells alcohol as well as bars both fall into that catagory. Open carry is allowed in those establishments, but I think you're still not allowed to drink.

LenS said:

That show was completely without direction. i feel like ive lost na ohur of my life ill never recover.
the name of the show is "im a gun owner" ?
The former gangbanger in the wheelchair<-----not a gun owner
The kids he counseling<----not gun owners
The armed robbery and machine gun posession guy<-----not a gun owner
All illega l posessors at one point in time or another, but by no means legal owners.
I fail to see what their place was on the show.

and yes, that girl has deeply rooted issues that a gun is never going to help solve.
drinking at a bar while in posession of a loaded firearm.....
pulling out her pistol at the ATM to show the camera crew.....
sleping in her bed with a loaded 12 gauge shotgun [shock]
plus,judging by the timeline of the show, theres no way she would have recieved her conceal carry permit in time to begin school (she told her father 45 days) and i suspect she may have been carrying illegally at the time of shooting.
It was just a jumble of unrelated stories with little or no cohesion to a single topic.
Other than the fact that they have all touched a gun at one point or another i fail to see the point

That show was completely without direction. i feel like ive lost na ohur of my life ill never recover.
All illega l posessors at one point in time or another, but by no means legal owners.

and yes, that girl has deeply rooted issues that a gun is never going to help solve.
plus,judging by the timeline of the show, theres no way she would have recieved her conceal carry permit in time to begin school (she told her father 45 days) and i suspect she may have been carrying illegally at the time of shooting.
It was just a jumble of unrelated stories with little or no cohesion to a single topic.
Other than the fact that they have all touched a gun at one point or another i fail to see the point

C-pher said:
I wonder if MTV has a chat board relating to this show.

I would like to see what people are saying over there.

I just looked and the "Community" category on MTV's website takes you to some forums. None seemed related to this series of shows.

C-pher said:

I just looked and the "Community" category on MTV's website takes you to some forums. None seemed related to this series of shows.

C-pher said:

LenS said:
C-pher said:

Thanks Len, our internet nazis...errr....internet security has MTV blocked as one of the sites we can't get two through the firewall.

LenS said:
C-pher said:

Thanks Len, our internet nazis...errr....internet security has MTV blocked as one of the sites we can't get two through the firewall.

LenS said:
C-pher said:

SnakeEye said:
Name one MTV show that does have "direction"?
I guess we should be happy that they didn't seek out a "Militia" or hate group and interview them.

SnakeEye said:
I guess we should be happy that they didn't seek out a "Militia" or hate group and interview them.

SnakeEye said:

JonJ said:
SnakeEye said:

Now that would have been classic.

I remember one news report where they went an interviewed some guys from teh Michigan Militia, what a report that was. [roll]

JonJ said:
SnakeEye said:

I remember one news report where they went an interviewed some guys from teh Michigan Militia, what a report that was. [roll]

JonJ said:
SnakeEye said:

C-pher said:

C-Pher let me know if they ever block the NES domain name. I will register a second name that is totally unrelated to firearms that people can use when they are at work. [twisted]

C-pher said:

C-Pher let me know if they ever block the NES domain name. I will register a second name that is totally unrelated to firearms that people can use when they are at work. [twisted]

C-pher said:

derek said:
C-pher said:

Will do, but several of us have yet to come across a firearms site that has been blocked.

Mostly sites that would create a lot of bandwidth.

Back
Top Bottom