MTM Ammo Cases - No go in MA?

So who gets to decide which laws we follow and which are stupid enough to safely ignore?

The ammo CMR is not a "law" per se in the typical sense.

Anyone who loses sleep over what kind of box their ammo is in has issues, I'll just leave it at that.

-Mike

oh no . . . .they just threw flashbangs in through the window, now they're coming in through the door. the kids are screaming. . .

They just shot the dog (you knew THAT was coming). They want to know where the ammo boxes. Oh no. I'm taking the 5th. Get me a lawyer.

Last edited:
The ammo CMR is not a "law" per se in the typical sense.

Anyone who loses sleep over what kind of box their ammo is in has issues, I'll just leave it at that.

-Mike

My point is not that I would personally worry about ammo boxes, but that with so much crap on the books they have made it impossible to tell fact from fiction.

I have a few empty boxes for sale. Get it before it goes on the classifieds. Special deal $5.99 for 9mm and $7.99 for 45... Obviously I'll need to check your LTC...

Who gives a F? Seriously? When Marcia and her friends read shit like this, they know that they have the population right where they want us. I mean, the average MA gun owner is afraid of putting ammo in the WRONG GODDAMNED BOX! CHRIST people!

The average MA gun owner has no clue there IS such a law and routinely uses such containers as they see fit (as they should).

That law exists for the SOLE PURPOSE of pig-piling offenses on someone the State has chosen to destroy.

Hmmm, storing ammo in a box? That is a great idea! I usually put a bunch of cartridges in my pocket onthe way to and from the range. And they are usually some rolling around in the range bag [rofl]

For those interested, BassPro has plastic boxes, all sizes are $6.19 each.

In contrast, Midway's Dealer/C&R prices are $1.99 to ~$3.50 each! [Similar prices from Brownells.]

"small arms ammunition, primers, smokeless propellants and black powder shall be stored in original containers and such containers shall be stored in a locked cabinet, closet or box when not in use."

http://www.goal.org/masslawpages/ammostorage.html

While this is on goals website I have not been able to find an actual MA law that states this. For firearms sure there are laws stating locked, but nothing for ammunition. That said I wouldn't just leave it laying around.

While this is on goals website I have not been able to find an actual MA law that states this. For firearms sure there are laws stating locked, but nothing for ammunition. That said I wouldn't just leave it laying around.

That's because it is NOT MGL but a CMR (administrative law). If GOAL didn't attribute it on their webpage, that is a big mistake on their part.

I wouldn't stress about the original container reg. I don't know of any cops other than pro-2A guys who are even aware of it. I've certainly never seen it enforced.

I wouldn't stress about the original container reg. I don't know of any cops other than pro-2A guys who are even aware of it. I've certainly never seen it enforced.

It isn't actually enforceable by police. It falls under the State Fire Marshal and therefore enforceable only by the Fire Chief. In other words, don't worry about it!

Ref: 527 CMR 13

Hmmm, storing ammo in a box? That is a great idea! I usually put a bunch of cartridges in my pocket onthe way to and from the range. And they are usually some rolling around in the range bag [rofl]

Before I moved to MA, there was literally mixed ammo rolling around in the trunk of my car. When we were getting ready for the move, I remember pulling a number of .22, 9mm, .45, and .308 out of various nooks and crannies in my car. Whats the big deal?

Before I moved to MA, there was literally mixed ammo rolling around in the trunk of my car. When we were getting ready for the move, I remember pulling a number of .22, 9mm, .45, and .308 out of various nooks and crannies in my car. Whats the big deal?

Apocalypse Now.gifApocalypse Now.jpg

Back
Top Bottom