MSP MIA?

All that is missing in this thread is someone mentioning how bikes take over the entire lane with their spandex while going at 12 mph.

Reality is - it is exactly that. Karens and old grumpys who cannot drive with traffic start enforcing speed limits how they see it instead of moving with the flow. Highly annoying.
I knew a chick exactly like that. In the left lane, line of traffic behind her. I would tell her to speed up or get the F*ck out of the way. She would respond back, "I'm going fast enough, they don't need to go faster".

This is a forum built around freedom. You have the freedom to go however fast you want as long as you're willing to do it. You complaining about speeding is no different than people complaining that an AR is too much gun.

This is a forum built around freedom. You have the freedom to go however fast you want as long as you're willing to do it. You complaining about speeding is no different than people complaining that an AR is too much gun.
It is a human nature to assume that you know better how other people should behave. A reality where your personal freedom ends where my personal freedom begins is never an option. They bring up laws, rules, police, HOA, fbi, irs and all other great mechanical features of how to level the field.
As you grow older you just give up and go with the flow.

You've never been as worried about being overtaken from behind in the lefthand lane in the states as you would be doing 120 mph in the lefthand lane in Germany, looking in your rearview mirror and seeing a white Porsche furiously blinking their lights and growing larger and closer by the second.

I drove home from NC yesterday, the highways were full of these slimy squinty eyed weasels in small cars with loud exhausts, weaving between traffic at high speeds, I was waiting all day to see one of them crash but was left disappointed

I am usually the one weaving because cars get in the passing lane and don't pass. Its really not difficult. If you are in the passing lane and cars are right behind you, move to the side and let them pass. You can then move back over and pass who you would like. Don't hold up the whole highway because you want to pass a car doing 55mph while you go 56mph.

you don't have to camp in the left lane at 65 or 75 to screw up traffic.

When I feel like being an a$$ I camp in the middle lane or the lane just right of the left lane and do 55 on 128 or 65 on 95. Man does that piss people off.

But no matter what if a truck is coming up behind me I move for them. They have it tough enough with all the different idiots out there.
I like to find the guy in the middle lane driving at 55, get infront of them and drive at 50, then speed when he tries to pass me.

/sarc.

It feels like a good 60% of highway slowness incidents in MA are from camping a**h***s, not the highway hitting its actual saturation point with cars. You know how I know this because when you break free of those a**h***s usually there's a big empty space in front of them that extends for a couple of miles. Traffic only forms into rolling "turds" because of campers.
This is every A$$hole going to the cape every weekend.

Your comparison is flawed.

Going too slow in the wrong lane is dangerous, for you and everyone else by forcing cars to slow down and move all over the highway to pass you. It is plain stupid. As stupid as road rage.

And no one ever said an AR was too much gun. It is too much plastic and miles of rails.

I drove home from NC yesterday, the highways were full of these slimy squinty eyed weasels in small cars with loud exhausts, weaving between traffic at high speeds, I was waiting all day to see one of them crash but was left disappointed
Drive the Merritt in CT if you want a hair raising drive. People doing 85-100 on a road meant for model As. I've seen some horrific accidents and started to take 84 to 684 just to avoid it

Just not in t he hood. Up in Berlin NH? Cool with me
I don't mind them wherever so long as they follow the traffic laws (more or less). It's bullshit you can't register an ATV/SXS as a motorcycle in MA. We rented an RZR in Sedona and that thing was a blast around town as well as the trails.

As a "Reasonable" Driver I try to stay at 10 MPH over the Limit or less.

Maybe I have just forgot how it was before COVID but it seems to me like there are a lot more "Crazy" drivers out there than before the pandemic.

On a half hour drive I would estmate at least one driver every minute who is doing 80+ MPH in a 55 Zone and also weaving in an out of traffic to reach the next exit before the car in front of him.

Are the MSP under a mandate to remain in the intesecton clover leaves while this happends? Is this some sort of MSP job action? Have not seen a moving violater ticked in over a year?

Yesterday just after leaving my house I had a nieghbor run two stop signs just to get into a 25 car line at Dunkin Doughnuts. (Gives new meaning to DoughNuts).
Is this where you live?CBD4E8EB-3EEB-4C8F-B59C-5F3BB29A7406.jpeg

I don't mind them wherever so long as they follow the traffic laws (more or less). It's bullshit you can't register an ATV/SXS as a motorcycle in MA. We rented an RZR in Sedona and that thing was a blast around town as well as the trails.

It’s f***ed that you can register a moped, but not a an sxs or ute that has full brakes, turn signals, headlights, etc. i get not allowing them on highways but putt putt town roads should be legal. Hell I can register a backhoe for road travel at 20 mph tops but not an sxs... wtf?

I just want to know how fast over the limit I can go before I get pulled over.

Revenue rhetoric towns = 5 over, tops
Normal towns = 10 over tops
Big dump cities = nobody cares unless you're in a school zone
Divided Highways = 10 to 20 over depending on the officer.

It’s f***ed that you can register a moped, but not a an sxs or ute that has full brakes, turn signals, headlights, etc. i get not allowing them on highways but putt putt town roads should be legal. Hell I can register a backhoe for road travel at 20 mph tops but not an sxs... wtf?

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that states like MA move to restrict every activity urban elites don’t partake in. They want to be as unwelcoming as possible.

My driver ed teacher in 1981 called those rolling traffic jams "wolfpacks" and he said that as a responsible driver we should never get caught in one of those.
Aktually, I'm pretty sure that was the official Traffic Engineering term, at least at the time.
I still remember reading it in a techno-interest story about "what engineers are learning
from computer analysis of highway traffic". (Gathered a lot of data and then started
analyzing it on a mainframe).

I am usually the one weaving because cars get in the passing lane and don't pass. Its really not difficult. If you are in the passing lane and cars are right behind you, move to the side and let them pass. You can then move back over and pass who you would like. Don't hold up the whole highway because you want to pass a car doing 55mph while you go 56mph.
If some left lane camper is the cork in the bottleneck
(they're athwart cars doing a reasonable speed
in the center and right lanes; pacing the slower cars
),
and merely staying on their tail doesn't give them a clue,
I don't kick the aggression up a notch. I wait for the next car to arrive
from behind at high speed, driven by someone who is really impatient.
I shift back into the center lane, and let the professional speeder
give 'em a high beam suntan to break the bottleneck,
then follow the speeder on through.

Follow The Speeder + Waze can be amusing.
I haven't seen them nabbed, but I have seen them
stand on the brakes when they spot the speed trap.

I look forward to the day that I notice a pro speeder
slow down 0.5000 miles away from a cop -
proving that they are also running Waze.

I will say that I have noticed an increase in lane jumpers. 99% of the time I will stay in whichever lane I am in if the traffic is thick but moving at a consistent pace (mostly the fast lane). Multiple times a day now I will see someone who will jump out of the lane in front of me, dart to the slow lane at 90ish then move back and forth aggressively for a few minutes in traffic before then settling in behind me in the fast lane. They will do this over and over and get absolutely nowhere in the end. And NO, I'm not a camper!

You can always tell who is using Waze, because theres always a group of us from the 3-4 lanes that will move right and slow down as soon as I see the alert pop up on my screen.

There was somethin goin on around the rt 27 and rt 123 exits around brockton last week on 24N.
Staties were baggin people left and right.
Must've hit the quota and went back into hibernation until july 1.

Plympton is like 0.5 over and you get pulled over.

Or at least that is how it used to be when I lived in the area.

Back
Top Bottom