MSP MIA?

As a "Reasonable" Driver I try to stay at 10 MPH over the Limit or less.

Maybe I have just forgot how it was before COVID but it seems to me like there are a lot more "Crazy" drivers out there than before the pandemic.

On a half hour drive I would estmate at least one driver every minute who is doing 80+ MPH in a 55 Zone and also weaving in an out of traffic to reach the next exit before the car in front of him.

Are the MSP under a mandate to remain in the intesecton clover leaves while this happends? Is this some sort of MSP job action? Have not seen a moving violater ticked in over a year?

Yesterday just after leaving my house I had a nieghbor run two stop signs just to get into a 25 car line at Dunkin Doughnuts. (Gives new meaning to DoughNuts).

Maybe I have just forgot how it was before COVID but it seems to me like there are a lot more "Crazy" drivers out there than before the pandemic.

On a half hour drive I would estmate at least one driver every minute who is doing 80+ MPH in a 55 Zone and also weaving in an out of traffic to reach the next exit before the car in front of him.

Are the MSP under a mandate to remain in the intesecton clover leaves while this happends? Is this some sort of MSP job action? Have not seen a moving violater ticked in over a year?

Yesterday just after leaving my house I had a nieghbor run two stop signs just to get into a 25 car line at Dunkin Doughnuts. (Gives new meaning to DoughNuts).

The roads are still relatively open when compared to 2019, so there's more room for morons to be morons. It's an open invitation for the Fast and the Retarded. I don't think there are any more of them. Just more visible now.

People are driving faster than you are? And this makes you upset?

How about what the people that YOU pass, at your "reasonable" 10 MPH over the posted limit?

If they're not hitting anyone (especially me), IDGAF. I'd rather have someone blow by me at 90, than have someone distracted fade into my lane.

"Meh," is my operative state of mind, on the road. It ain't wort getting worked up over it.

and also weaving in an out of traffic to reach the next exit before the car in front of him.
There are certain times when weaving in/out (safely) is a good thing. There are left-lane campers that slow down rear traffic for miles. I'm doing my part to get into open space and make room for others. Have you ever been in a traffic jam that suddenly clears up and there was no accident? Yeah it's those guys.

There are certain times when weaving in/out (safely) is a good thing. There are left-lane campers that slow down rear traffic for miles. I'm doing my part to get into open space and make room for others. Have you ever been in a traffic jam that suddenly clears up and there was no accident? Yeah it's those guys.
He hasn't, because he was the one causing them.

PS: This thread has potential.

6D91E358-6B0D-4202-84AD-59F62376BEA6.jpeg

It feels like a good 60% of highway slowness incidents in MA are from camping a**h***s, not the highway hitting its actual saturation point with cars. You know how I know this because when you break free of those a**h***s usually there's a big empty space in front of them that extends for a couple of miles. Traffic only forms into rolling "turds" because of campers.

I'm still laughing about someone complaining about the lack of traffic enforcement. 10 mph over on a multi lane highway, seriously? Lol, has to be a joke. Has to be.

I'm going to get me another beer. When I come back, OP better admit this is a joke

Rt3 S in the morning is glorious since the scamdemic. 8 miles and 99% of I'm cruising at 85+ in a line of cars.

I'd say once a week I get behind someone froggy who'll push triple digits. 5:30-6AM nearly empty roads are amazing.

My dad always told me this... "Drive like it's your job to get out of the way of the guy behind you."

Also, go Green, OP. Sheesh.

It feels like a good 60% of highway slowness incidents in MA are from camping a**h***s, not the highway hitting its actual saturation point with cars. You know how I know this because when you break free of those a**h***s usually there's a big empty space in front of them that extends for a couple of miles. Traffic only forms into rolling "turds" because of campers.
Good news:
5cge2f.jpg

My driver ed teacher in 1981 called those rolling traffic jams "wolfpacks" and he said that as a responsible driver we should never get caught in one of those. He said get ahead of it and stay ahead of it. He also said that most non weather related accidents on the highway happen because of it.

My driver ed teacher in 1981 called those rolling traffic jams "wolfpacks" and he said that as a responsible driver we should never get caught in one of those. He said get ahead of it and stay ahead of it. He also said that most non weather related accidents on the highway happen because of it.

Yes. He was being very polite, they are more like shit packs, or fecal boluses. :)

No matter the speed I am going I always get out of the PASSING lane if someone wants to go faster
Average speed of a MSP is like 90mph tailgating
If they pulled people over for 80mph every other vehicle would be pulled over
(of course they ticket people for 80mph but if they are just sleeping in the vehicle or listing to the radio in the a/c they do not care about the 80mph. Caught in a speed trap with multiple yeah...)

I hate people who camp in the fast lane. If I am bored or not in a rush I will stay off to the side of the really obnoxiously ones for a couple miles. Wait for them to try to exit and block them out of the exit since most of them will not drive aggressively enough to get around, Make them miss an exit or two. Probably a terrible idea all around but f em

Back
Top Bottom