MSP MIA?

"Let me guess: you're in your 60s and you have a 4.6 Mustang that's slower than a Camry?"
My 2017 Mustang GT/CS has a 435 hp Coyote motor in it and I will give you a driving lesson on a track day anytime or you could ride on the back of my Beemer and I could listen to you scream like a bitch on the back. [rofl] I don't "police" the roads, I just don't drive like a self important a**h*** talking on my phone and tail gating others. Seems like some posters here need to return to drivers Ed and learn to play nice with others.;)
I'm not sure what's more disturbing, that you think you have a fast car or that you're asking another man to press his nuts against your ass.

"The left lane is a PASSING lane, it's not meant for you to police how fast someone else drives. GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE UNLESS YOU'RE PASSING. It's people like YOU who force others to pass on the right because you're too stubborn to move over."

Kalash, the left lane is NOT your personal go fast lane. O ne more time I drive in the left lane maintaining the speed of those travelling in front of me and maintaining a safe distance between my vehicle and the vehicle in front of me. THOSE are the fundamental rules of the road but some aholes in back of me get incised because I actually leave a space cushion between my vehicle and the one in front of me while travelling much faster than the speed limit and decide to pass me on the right and then cut in front of me. If you see a red Rav4 with Army Vet plates and Trump 2024 stickers and an NRA Life sticker, Proud Deplorable bumper sticker and a Sig sticker on it wave as you tailgate me and pass me on the right and then cut me off. ;)

"The left lane is a PASSING lane, it's not meant for you to police how fast someone else drives. GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE UNLESS YOU'RE PASSING. It's people like YOU who force others to pass on the right because you're too stubborn to move over."

Kalash, the left lane is NOT your personal go fast lane. O ne more time I drive in the left lane maintaining the speed of those travelling in front of me and maintaining a safe distance between my vehicle and the vehicle in front of me. THOSE are the fundamental rules of the road but some aholes in back of me get incised because I actually leave a space cushion between my vehicle and the one in front of me while travelling much faster than the speed limit and decide to pass me on the right and then cut in front of me. If you see a red Rav4 with Army Vet plates and Trump 2024 stickers and an NRA Life sticker, Proud Deplorable bumper sticker and a Sig sticker on it wave as you tailgate me and pass me on the right and then cut me off. ;)
You can cruise in the left lane with traffic but if people are passing you on the right then clearly you had room to move over.

"I'm not sure what's more disturbing, that you think you have a fast car or that you're asking another man to press his nuts against your ass."
Well I have a fast car and motorcycle and am quite good at driving/riding them and surviving to tell about it. As far as You pressing your nuts against my ass that's your issue, don't ask, don't tell I guess. [rofl]

"You can cruise in the left lane with traffic but if people are passing you on the right then clearly you had room to move over."

If the left lane is travelling faster then the right which is the intention than no reason to pass on right. If left lane is slower than there is a problem with traffic and weaving in and out of traffic just causes more danger and slowdowns. Do you think weaving in and out of traffic is safe so you can gain a few minutes? I loved the aholes who used to weave and tailgate on RT 2 from Leominster East on my way to Hanscom and then I would pass them as they were slowing down and moving into right lane to enter 495. I would beep and wave as I continued in the left lane.:cool:
Well that was fun kids, a teachable moment as Barry used to say. Hope you all learned something, if you see me in my Mustang/Rav4 or Beemer beep and wave. Keep the rubber on the road and drive safe.

7C72ABE8-8035-4498-87CE-385918B75360.jpeg

If you're not trying to get the camper out of the way then by proxy you and the camper are basically doing the same thing. Occupying the left lane without passing. If you can't get the camper to move, you need to pull over and let someone else try, or if safe to do so, pass the camper on the right. Usually once that happens 2 or 3 times they at least, in that moment, will often get a clue and get the f*** out of the way. If you just let the camper sit there and do their thing and just camp behind the camper, you've just made the problem worse.

I realize most people lollygagging way behind campers "mean well" thinking "but, im going as fast as I can" etc... but they are part of the problem because they're not putting any pressure on the offender. Eventually they become part of the monolithic log that is blocking traffic and increase the size of the problem that the other drivers have to deal with.

"Responding to demands of terrorists only encourages more acts of terror". Campers are road terrorists. Stop enabling them by not putting pressure on them Or at least, if you're not willing to do it, let someone else get behind them and try to annoy them out of the way. [laugh] Everyone wins in the end.

EX, I'm trying to pressure a camper to move but its not working, im 4 lengths behind, I flash the guy a couple times but nothing happens. Oh great. 20 seconds pass, but I spot in my rear view, and hear, some guy in a loud-ish BMW M car comes behind me.... I pull into right lane behind some other slow car, and slow down a bit... and allow the BMW driver time to antagonize the camper. Camper gives up finally and pulls over into right lane, BMW takes off, now I can get in left lane and take off and pass the camper
too. Everyone wins.

I am not sure why this is so difficult for some people to understand. Lollygagging behind campers is basically "Settling for crap" and literally the only time its remotely acceptable is if the road is actually saturated with cars (and you literally can't pull over) but in MA on places like rt 2 this is almost NEVER actually the case.

not if you are in the left lane and pass on the right and then move back into the left lane. If you are in the middle, right lane and stay in your lane and pass slower moving vehicles in left lane it's legal. I was in left lane on RT.2 last year and MSP in front of me and kid in car 2 vehicles in back of me swings into right lane , stomps it and passes 2 cars and then me until he sees Statie. Slams on brakes, hits blinker and pulls in front of me. Statie pulls into right lane and slows, kids continues past MSP and he pulls behind kid in front of me and rides his ass for 1 mile and then hits lights. It was a beautiful thing. Try passing a Statie on the right because he's driving to slow and let me know how that works for you. [rockon]

"You can cruise in the left lane with traffic but if people are passing you on the right then clearly you had room to move over."

If the left lane is travelling faster then the right which is the intention than no reason to pass on right. If left lane is slower than there is a problem with traffic and weaving in and out of traffic just causes more danger and slowdowns. Do you think weaving in and out of traffic is safe so you can gain a few minutes? I loved the aholes who used to weave and tailgate on RT 2 from Leominster East on my way to Hanscom and then I would pass them as they were slowing down and moving into right lane to enter 495. I would beep and wave as I continued in the left lane.:cool:
Well that was fun kids, a teachable moment as Barry used to say. Hope you all learned something, if you see me in my Mustang/Rav4 or Beemer beep and wave. Keep the rubber on the road and drive safe.

You drive a mustang. You're immediately wrong.

I don't "camp" whatever that is. I always drive in left lane and travel the speed the rest of the lane is travelling. It's when the whole lane is travelling the same speed and some a**h*** thinks he/she is special and decides to start weaving in and out of right lanes to get ahead of fellow motorists in left lane because they can't play nice with other's. I used to teach the beginner/experienced Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course for the RMV and Military and own a Mustang GT and a 2016 BMW RT so I know how to drive at high speeds and handle a motorcycle/car. Also most ma**h***s are not skilled enough to drive at 55 mph never mind high speeds and are not paying attention either. If I'm riding my Beemer in the left lane at 80 mph and you're 1/2 car length in back of me and do you really think you can stop in shorter distance than my bike in a panic situation?
Whether the guy on your tail can stop faster or not is moot, as you'll have a lot more excitement if he can't they he will. [laugh]

Since you used to teach safety, I'd say that the safe thing is to move right, and let the guy behind you get in front of you.

IMO, if you're over the posted speed limit, you have NO b!tch that others are breaking any other lawrs on the highway.

Interesting that since most mazzwholes are not skilled enough to drive at 55, that anyone is able to get anywhere with all that twisted metal and blood covering the lanes. [rolleyes]

95S after work today...SAME SHIT. Slow ass traffic, did my bob-n-weave moves into open space, cranked it to 90mph to catch up, looked in my rearviewmirror, PILES of cars in the distance.

Lol that is "I think I'm not camping, but I'm still actually a small part of the problem because I won't politely harass the problem in front of me to move, and still won't get out of the way" lol. If I get stuck behind people like that I get in the middle or right as much as possible, as quickly as possible. I figure maybe someone more aggressive than me can get rid of the turd pack leader / main campers. It's easy to see what the problems are there and not want to make it worse. A lot of times if I see an opening and can safely do it, I will blast around the entire turd pack of you guys on the right. It's not often to be safe to do so, or at least for conditions to line up) but not impossible. Being stuck behind chronic campers is dangerous. Sometimes when its really bad or too absurd I will just lag way behind in the right lane in open/ safer space at reduced speeds and wait a few minutes until the fecal bolus unclogs itself a little bit,, then make another end around attack later if the traffic can stretch out the turd like a piece of dough, I might have a chance to get by. If a turd pack is more than a few cars deep usually there are multiple "problem" drivers within it.

I don't stay that close to bikes, Like I said I don't tailgate. But if you are part of a turd bloc group, and you're not trying to advance (flashing lights, etc) you're part of the problem. It's not camping outright but its almost as bad. I try to avoid becoming "part of a recognizable turd" I'd rather just give up and drive slower at that point (in the right lane) than actively be part of the problem. Like often times you will see a turd, you will see the left lane camper. The guy behind him is like a static 5-7 car lengths behind him but he is not advancing. That guy, "keeping pace with traffic" is still part of the problem.... because the 3rd guy behind you that wants to pass both of you has that much more garbage to deal with.

Give someone else a shot, you might be surprised at the results. Let the dude with the big noisy truck, sportscar, or whatever, through, so that he can wake up the actual shitbird camper and get the show on the road. [laugh]

Most people would do well to be moar like good guy Greg:

View attachment 490560

All of this is true.

But we need to shine the light elsewhere. At the menaces who follow at <1 car length while the leader passes a dense line of cars in the center lane (too dense to pull into without decelerating). When I come to power, this will be a capital offense, enforced on the roadsides via Citizen Tribunal.

Came here to say that I avoid the highway as much as I can. The crazy drivers of 2020 are mixing with the "What's a car" people of 2021. Add in your average latin immigrant who thinks this is GTA and if their car is destroyed they can just hit restart and you're in for some serious trouble.

Tomorrow is my first real road day since Covid hit. I was down the Cape 2 weeks ago. That was stupid. But it was 99% work trucks on the phone and driving. I love it when a guy goes from 65 to 45 because he got a text. That's just a joy. Or the one that is trying to read so he PUTS ON HIS BRAKES ON THE ONRAMP! Such joy.

Mostly 95/128 tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. Winchester. Peee-b'dee. Ip-Swipch. (Little Neck, actually, so there's that.). I'll be coming HOME well after traffic - 8 or so. I'll take 128/95 the whole way. Staying away from Boston proper.

f you're not trying to get the camper out of the way then by proxy you and the camper are basically doing the same thing.

THIS x10000

No excuse.

I will flash at a camper and run up on their bumper a bit.... but if someone behind me wants to do that job for me - have at it.

The west is soooo awesome for driving. 2 years ago From Billings to the Missouri River breaks we cruised around 95-100 the whole way. Might have passed 10 other cars. Not one trooper the 5 hours or so we traveled.
Yes it is and sounds like you had a great drive. I was on a bike and this particular stretch of road was wide, flat, and straight and everyone does the obligatory 10+ MPH over the limit.

Came here to say that I avoid the highway as much as I can. The crazy drivers of 2020 are mixing with the "What's a car" people of 2021. Add in your average latin immigrant who thinks this is GTA and if their car is destroyed they can just hit restart and you're in for some serious trouble.

Tomorrow is my first real road day since Covid hit.
Seriously? Driving isn't really any different from before. Sure, there was maybe a two month period in the spring of 2020 when everyone was hiding at home so the roads were refreshingly clear of idiots, but for the past twelve months it's been business as usual.

Seriously? Driving isn't really any different from before. Sure, there was maybe a two month period in the spring of 2020 when everyone was hiding at home so the roads were refreshingly clear of idiots, but for the past twelve months it's been business as usual.

AS someone who was putting in 30-40K a year on the roads I haven't noticed a bit of difference. The only big thing I've noticed in the past 5 years or so is the number of "night time blow out shitboxes" is exponentially higher- the number of people driving around with their lights off or all of the lights on the back of their car blown out or otherwise not working. That's been seen so frequently it's almost like some kind of a meme. It replaced the meme from the 90s of old shitty american cars driving around that had a rope or a bungee cord holding a bumper in place, etc. [rofl]

The only big thing I've noticed in the past 5 years or so is the number of "night time blow out shitboxes" is exponentially higher- the number of people driving around with their lights off or all of the lights on the back of their car blown out or otherwise not working.
I blame the proliferation of electric dashboards and DRLs.

I blame the proliferation of electric dashboards and DRLs.

some of this shit though is just a lack of maintenance or whatever, or some kind of ghetto shit going on. Like some of these cars will have headlights etc, but every other light on the car is completely blown out. [rofl] like not even one working taillight or license plate bulb. So you pull up on these people they look like everythign is off until you pass them. [rofl]

The only big thing I've noticed in the past 5 years or so is the number of "night time blow out shitboxes" is exponentially higher- the number of people driving around with their lights off or all of the lights on the back of their car blown out or otherwise not working.

Bro, that's all the NES operators driving around looking for 9mm and primers.

Have to be stealth, lights attract the .gov and aliens.

Back
Top Bottom