• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MSP Approved Firearms Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome.......Kimber made the list! Woot Woot! Time to buy that 1911!

Just checked MSP website this morning and the NEW 9/2014​ approved roster is out!
when you try to go to the AG's website, it leads you back to the Mass.gov website for the approved firearms...so is that the final/total list of what we can have?

Not that the choices are mind boggling, but it would be nice not to have to pay $600 for a used Glock anymore

glock gen 4, wow. I don't see I buy any other guns for home defense anymore. G19, 17, 30 ...treasury.

Isn't there a pending legal case against the AGs office in regards to Glocks. Mainly the fact the AGs offices' interpretation of a loaded chamber indicator. Wouldn't that put a hold on buying new glocks in MA for the time being??? Wasn't sure.

What's the deal with Glocks exactly? Have they been expensive just because they weren't on the roster for a few years?

Isn't there a pending legal case against the AGs office in regards to Glocks. Mainly the fact the AGs offices' interpretation of a loaded chamber indicator. Wouldn't that put a hold on buying new glocks in MA for the time being??? Wasn't sure.

Yeah but this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the EOPS / AFR. Nothing. The case is about CMR940. Which does not have a "list".

-Mike

Yeah but this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the EOPS / AFR. Nothing. The case is about CMR940. Which does not have a "list".

-Mike

Thanks for the clarification Mike, as always much appreciated. So like some of the other posters were saying. Does that mean new glocks can be bought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Mike

I hope Comm2A wins the case so I never have to deal with people on NES not understanding MA handgun compliance again.

The Armatix iP1 is new on the list this time. BTW, none of the 'smart' features were tested, so we don't know if the gun works in that respect.

I'm hoping the shops reject it, as at least one shop, (Maryland maybe?) has. Gun groups have been pressuring shops since 2002, to not set a precedent that could make the gun be considered in "common use". At least that's how I understand it, as well as becoming "commonly available", which could trigger laws in certain states.

Wow, the Ruger Mks are back!! A Mk3 and a decent carry gun are the last guns that I really want. For the time being anyway!!

Thanks for the clarification Mike, as always much appreciated. So like some of the other posters were saying. Does that mean new glocks can be bought?

You could always buy new Glocks. The problem is whether or not a dealer can sell you one without getting themselves in trouble or not. Yes, there is a difference.

-Mike

Wow, the Ruger Mks are back!! A Mk3 and a decent carry gun are the last guns that I really want. For the time being anyway!!

They were never gone. Ruger tried to have them removed from the AFR but the state did the right thing for once and told Ruger to go **** itself. Rugers legal team is ****ed in the head, frankly. That's where the problem of availability of the MKII/III arises from.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I hope Comm2A wins the case so I never have to deal with people on NES not understanding MA handgun compliance again.

This, it would be nice to edit the FAQ I wrote about this and remove 75% of the content. [laugh]

-Mike

My guess is it's too early to say the days that "$720 for a glock" is long gone.

There is no change to the status of Glocks in MA. They have been on the Roster forever.

To be sold new by dealers, handguns must be on the Roster AND be in compliance with the AG's regulations. The AG claims that Glocks don't meet her regulations.

Until and unless Comm2a wins their lawsuit against the AG there is no change.

There is no change to the status of Glocks in MA. They have been on the Roster forever.

To be sold new by dealers, handguns must be on the Roster AND be in compliance with the AG's regulations. The AG claims that Glocks don't meet her regulations.

Until and unless Comm2a wins their lawsuit against the AG there is no change.

/Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom