• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MSNBC blames NRA for Ebola outbreak...

DarthRevan

NES Member
"Actually, that is one of the primary responsibilities of the United States surgeon general. There’s just one problem: Thanks to Senate dysfunction and NRA opposition, we don’t have a surgeon general right now. In fact, we haven’t had a surgeon general for more than a year now — even though the president nominated the eminently qualified Dr. Vivek Murthy back in November 2013."

Read more: http://controversialtimes.com/politics/msnbc-blames-ebola-on-the-nra/#ixzz3F6kmsBAG

I literally can't even right now...

Yes because a surgeon general can really stop a disease from coming into a country with how globalized everything is. To be able to prevent an outbreak from spreading you would have to psychic because you would have to halt transportation BEFORE an outbreak is noticed.

And if he'd kept his yap shut about his asinine opinion that gun control should be approached as a public health goal, he'd have been accepted.

But now he's not. And apparently we're all racists for it. [rolleyes]

Wow. And I didn't even know we had no surgeon general. Its a useless hack job with no current purpose so its absence is not noticed.

I heard another doctor, an Ebola expert, say that we have an obligation to save Liberia, not ban persons coming from there because Liberia is the result of slavery and "how dare we" want to cut them off.

Yes. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the planet has gone full on, Corky Thatcher retard. Keep watch on one another because its not paranoid to assume that in the days, weeks and months ahead that people here on US soil are going to contract this disease. The fact that the ivory tower types are lashing out in this manner only shows how gravely they mismanaged this threat.

I'm a Lifetime NRA member who is personally responsible for all American Ebola cases. You're welcome, heathens.

The funny thing here is that it was the Democrats that killed this nomination as the Red State dems would normally hide behind a filibuster that they knew the Reps would use on a nominee like this but since the dems killed the filibuster, they have to vote on it and they cannot as they fear the seats (as many as 10 were reported to be against it). Ah, the law of unintended consequences...

http://bearingarms.com/crackpots-msnbc-blame-dallas-ebola-outbreak-nra/

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/...hafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=haupdate

I suppose there is some value to having the Surgeon General on hand to go on television and talk to Americans about Ebola, the mechanisms for transmission, precautions to be taken and related subjects. Of course, anyone from the staff currently in place could be assigned to do the same job. But the idea that only a political appointee at the cabinet level can fill this void is rather laughable.

What this really comes down to is an essentially shameless example of someone trying to use an actual threat to the well being of the country to score political points in an election season. Vivek Murthy is still sitting on the sidelines for a few reasons, but the authors of this piece should remind us that his interest in political pandering over true medical issues is the key roadblock.

yep, I blame the Ebola gun the CIA developed, and the NRA's support of said gun.

What baffles me is that MSNBC has not yet figured out that the NRA has shipped the ebola vaccine for this particular strain to every NRA member by now. Darwinism in action.

Yes because a surgeon general can really stop a disease from coming into a country with how globalized everything is. To be able to prevent an outbreak from spreading you would have to psychic because you would have to halt transportation BEFORE an outbreak is noticed.

Yes, the Surgeon General can do it. He (or she) is a freaking General! All they have to do is order the disease to stay out.

It's really that simple.

Remember Joycelyn Elders, back in 1994? She got fired for saying that children should be taught masturbation in school. Apparently, in 1994, kids weren't smart enough to figure that out on their own.

Considering the increasing stupidity level I see around me, I really think we need a Surgeon General. He/she could then advocate that we teach breathing in school so the kids don't die from suffocation.

It's for the children.

BTW, for a touch of irony, guess which President fired Elders for advocating teaching a sexual activity? [smile]

Shit , they're on to us.
Start up the shredders and burn the rest of the evidence.
I told you guys we shouldn't have started spreading Ebola.
But did you listen? Nooooo.

They couldn't figure out a way to blame Bush?

Give them time, this just started

- - - Updated - - -

And is this the new SARS, acid rain, bird flu, swine flu, hole in the ozone layer etc. etc. etc. that's going to kill everyone?

In addition to being a surgeon, he's also a General, and as a General we both know it's the job of a General to by God get things done.

and you watched the seinfeld episode with wilford brimley as postmaster general[rofl]

Thank you for saying what needs to be said, that no one else has said. Ebola is like a horse, in that all you can really do is slam the barn door shut once it leaves the stable. Imagine if horses could multiply like that though. Actually, rabbits almost do...

I heard another doctor, an Ebola expert, say that we have an obligation to save Liberia, not ban persons coming from there because Liberia is the result of slavery and "how dare we" want to cut them off.

Yes. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the planet has gone full on, Corky Thatcher retard. Keep watch on one another because its not paranoid to assume that in the days, weeks and months ahead that people here on US soil are going to contract this disease. The fact that the ivory tower types are lashing out in this manner only shows how gravely they mismanaged this threat.

Note that Saudi Arabia has refused visas to anyone from affected Ebola countries. Say what you will about those medieval two-faced Islamic fundamentalist terrorist-supporting apostate-killing female-repressing scumbags, at least they aren't politically correct.

And if he'd kept his yap shut about his asinine opinion that gun control should be approached as a public health goal, he'd have been accepted.

But now he's not. And apparently we're all racists for it. [rolleyes]

Pretty much this. The first thing this idiot says when he is nominated is that he favors stronger restrictions on firearms ownership. Maybe if Obama nominated competent people with experience in the field they are named to lead instead of political shills who just stump for the special interest of the moment, his administration and Presidency wouldn't be a failure top to bottom.

Even if you believe that 'gun violence' is a major issue in the US, no rational person can even remotely consider it to be in the top 10 concerns for the Surgeon General.

"Actually, that is one of the primary responsibilities of the United States surgeon general. There’s just one problem: Thanks to Senate dysfunction and NRA opposition, we don’t have a surgeon general right now. In fact, we haven’t had a surgeon general for more than a year now — even though the president nominated the eminently qualified Dr. Vivek Murthy back in November 2013."

Read more: http://controversialtimes.com/politics/msnbc-blames-ebola-on-the-nra/#ixzz3F6kmsBAG

I literally can't even right now...

They got tired of blaming Bush!

MSNBC/CNN and it's reporters are a special kind of stupid that so far is been known as incurable. They know the democrats and progressives are in trouble and will keep slinging crap to see what stick for them. For the first time in 10 years these people have seen their ratings in the toilet along with the NY times and others and in hind site they still don't have a clue how to report fact based news so they will continue to provide drivel for the few zombies that stay with them out of ignorance and a lack of critical thinking skill.

Back
Top Bottom