MRGCI needs your help

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
I am writing this post as a representative of MRGCI and asking for the help of the NES community. We have encountered a situation where a group of people are using local government in an attempt to attack our range. MRGCI, as recently reported, has a current case open with regards to a land dispute involving a section of the range property. Our range has been active since 1940, on the same plot of land, with posted borders in the area of dispute.

In retaliation of filing this case, some antis who for years have been filing frivolous complaints with police, are attempting to create false accusations about land use and false claims of wetlands impact. As you all know this sort of action has been tried before at other locations in New England to shutdown ranges. While the laws in NH strongly shield ranges and are in our favor, we still need to mount a defense, which means legal fees.

We have retained Penny Dean as legal counsel for our defense over the past months and she is living up to her reputation as a strong firearms attorney. We are a relatively small club with a 300 member cap and low membership cost. As this will likely be a long process it will put financial pressure on the club. If anyone can help with donations to the club to help us in this fight, we would greatly appreciate any generosity that may be found here at NES or from anyone you may know who is familiar with our range and the events we cater. We continue to share our club, providing a venue for great experiences for pro-2A communities including NES, and we will continue fighting to maintain our rights to do so in the future.

If you wish to donate or know others who can, please have any contributions sent either through our standard Paypal account we use for events at [email protected] or mail them to us at Monadnock Rod and Gun, PO Box 82, Jaffrey, NH 03452. If using Paypal please use just the word "Donation" as the description.

Thank you

Original thread Peterborough shooting club investigated for alleged wetlands violations

Last edited:
damn it, Monadnock has done a lot for NE shooting community, kick ass events like exruciathlons and Pumkin shoots, among many others, that I look forward entire year. Awesome events, awesome people who dig freedom and shooting. A lot of happy memories and friends there. I won't leave you comrades in your hour of need. Tomorrow morning I'll kick as much evergreen cabbage as I can. Stay strong.

ok, f*** sleep, $100 sent.

Last edited:
I don't have a ton of money for a lump sum, but I'm paypalling my coffee money for the coming month in four, weekly payments of $25 for a total $100 donation.

Will someone step up and match me? $100 may not make a difference, but $200 could and at $25/week it shouldn't hurt too badly.

Cross posted as a bump

Thanks for making this thread a sticky. I don't have extra cash at the moment but I'll catch ya later. I'm sure this will be ongoing.
We've only been there once but would love to see the club keep going!

Talk to the board about opening up the membership cap. 80% never even show at club functions anyway and the influx of money is a nice kick in the wallet.

Talk to the board about opening up the membership cap. 80% never even show at club functions anyway and the influx of money is a nice kick in the wallet.

And most of the time, no one is at the club actively shooting anyway, especially non holiday weekdays.

Back
Top Bottom