MRAP spotted in willimantic CT today...

That article assumes that MRAPs are free to operate and maintain. Among other idiotic assumptions.

Without IEDs every hundred meters like Afghanistan it tends to be slightly cheaper... :D

But not free

- - - Updated - - -

For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_MaxxPro

Revere, MA (just outside of Boston) has armored HMMWVs. With turrets. I don't know if they have any heavy or light machine guns for it, but the turrets are there. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a SAW or a 240

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ya but thats revere, I dont go there unless im packing serious heat.

I want claymores and a SAW..

I don't know. I think they definitely need them. After all, they need a way to protect themselves from how dangerous people can be in the general public. On the other hand, nobody else would ever need one, nevertheless a 30-round magazine or assault weapon. Haven't you all heard? Sheesh, I thought everyone knew this by now.

Police vs. public. MRAPs
Public vs public. Whistles

[sad2]

Police vs. public. MRAPs
Public vs public. Whistles

[sad2]

That's sadly exactly the reasoning behind all this. It's the government taking an aggressive posture toward the citizenry, and using legislative shenanigans to make sure that they clearly have the upper hand equipment-wise despite the constitution's efforts to the contrary.

Anyone who thinks that this is all done in the interest of public safety is a fool.

Yaaaay more oppression vehicles!!
Just cover the windows with paint or blue dykem and wait for occupants to exit....

The Mobile Oppression Unit (Palace)!

mobile-oppression-palace.jpg

But on a more serious note, this is just more of a bad sign. It's almost like the DOD/HS ordered way too many of them on purpose so they could unload them at zero-charge to the domestic police departments.

Back
Top Bottom