• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MPTC Bridge Academy

I believe the most recent version of the R/I academy had close to 400 hrs of training. Mine was at 340 plus 24 hrs of firearms 7 yrs ago. One huge bone of contention is in order to be eligible for this bridge academy you have to have 4200 hrs of "experience" over the past 5 years. Each dept is different, especially mine where we can only do details, not patrol shifts. Detail time is specifically excluded. Unless something changes I will bet getting laid off essentially come July 1st. The towns in the western part of Mass are gonna take a huge hit, where many of them employ part time officers for regular shift coverage.
Yes the 2400 hours of police work is a hard pill. That is going to make many people not qualify for the bridge.

I guess the PAT test requirement for the bridge has been removed. All you need is a medical exam and you can begin the bridge program.

Well, that explains why Boston PD pulled all of the "Rule 400" specials on July 1. Also explains why someone mentioned that there is no longer a R/I academy.
Futhermore on that, We will not take ANY college/university arrests at all anymore. All colleges and universities are to be told to take them to the closest State Police Barracks 🤷🏻‍♂️

Futhermore on that, We will not take ANY college/university arrests at all anymore. All colleges and universities are to be told to take them to the closest State Police Barracks 🤷🏻‍♂️
From what I heard, MSP (at least in Boston) will not take them either. Time for the College PD's to start getting their own cells, BAT machines, and booking areas. There are only a handful of Colleges that have the necessary equipment to be a full service LE agency.

Back
Top Bottom