• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving, with a twist

At the end of the month I am moving from Pembroke to Marshfield. My question is this: I own a business in Marshfield and renewed my license there. Not Pembroke. Do I still notify Pembroke of the move or just Marshfield? As they are the ones who issued my license. I have always dealt with the Marshfield PD for my LTC as it is a great department to deal with. Pembroke is a green town as well but I went through Marshfield. Any help is much appreciated.

Chapter 140: Section 129B. Firearm identification cards; conditions and restrictions
(11) A cardholder shall notify, in writing, the licensing authority that issued such card, the chief of police into whose jurisdiction such cardholder moves and the executive director of the criminal history systems board of any change of address. Such notification shall be made by certified mail within 30 days of its occurrence. Failure to so notify shall be cause for revocation or suspension of such card.

You would send the Marshfield Chief notification since he is both the licensing authority who issued the card and the chief into whose jurisdiction you are moving, and you have to notify the CHSB. No where does it say you are required to notify the Chief in your hometown.

Back
Top Bottom