• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving to RI

I'm moving to RI at the end of the month. Has anyone had any experience turning there MA LTC to a non resident? I still own investment property's in MA. It seems the process for getting a LTC in RI is a but difficult. Any advice? Once I transfer my vehicle registration, and have resisted in RI am I able to make purchases? Any direction would be appreciated.

If I were you, you would be doing your fellow MA'ers a solid and selling whatever you could. All of that could be obtained here in RI cheaper and free-er. All you have to be is 18 to purchase a long gun here in RI and you have to be 21 and pass a "blue card test" administered by the DEM to obtain a pistol.

I'm moving to RI at the end of the month. Has anyone had any experience turning there MA LTC to a non resident? I still own investment property's in MA. It seems the process for getting a LTC in RI is a but difficult. Any advice? Once I transfer my vehicle registration, and have resisted in RI am I able to make purchases? Any direction would be appreciated.

There is no "converting" a license.

Once you have resisted, you'll probably be beaten and arrested.

There is no "converting" a license.
While there is no "converting", I have heard that persons with long term unrestricted resident licenses tend to get non-resident LTCs without restrictions.

Also, no one has been able to show me any statute or case decision that renders a resident license void if you move, unless an action has been taken to revoke said license.

Back
Top Bottom