• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MOVING TO NH

I was just telling someone at work about Koreatown during the Rodney King Riots. Also recall the stories about Hollywood / Beverly Hills types going to gun stores to buy protection and incensed that they had to wait 15 days to take receipt of the firearm!
The two things I remember most clearly about the Rodney King riots are the video footage of the Korean shopkeepers shooting back from the roofs of their stores, and then how quickly just those videos were taken out of rotation afterwards, while the footage of that cinderblock thrown at Reginald Denny's head was shown for months.

The biggest problem in NO was the cops, not the rioters. You could be better armed than the rioters, but not the crooked scumbags on the NOPD. I knew people who lived "uptown", in the Garden District and someone who lived in "the quarter". They both did fine.
The people in the garden district stayed put, because its high ground and the actuall winds in NO weren't very bad. They had no trouble. They were well armed and the Police did not bother them.

The people I know from the quarter left town. But they had neighbors who were well prepared to sit it out with generators, food, fuel and firearms. The cops came and took all of the firearms that they admitted to having. Its situations like that that radicalize normal people.

NH is Heaven!

I understand what the orig. poster is saying, but its not so easy for a family to pack up and move, for what essentially, is a hobby. I was in the position, that I was able to move. I chose NH because of the gun-friendly attitude and laws. I couldn't be happier. I can shoot right out my bedroom window. I have 22 acres of prime, "free state" land to shoot on. It's Heaven here boys and girls. I will never move back to MA. Not for a job opportunity, or even a free house. I work in Ma, and that's bad enough. I wish I never had to step foot in that state again. I wish all like minded people could move up here. I'm fearful that the libadidngdongs are going to make their way up here enough to change the political environment. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom