1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Moving to New Hampshire

Discussion in 'New Hampshire Laws' started by benl, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Boghog1

Boghog1

PGNH (Pro Gun NH)
    and
    GONH (Gun Owners of NH)
    I can't post links from work sorry

2. Golddiggie

Golddiggie NES Member

3. caboose84

caboose84 NES Member

The problem here has been the groups disagree with each other and will screw each other in a heartbeat- which is how constitutional carry failed a couple of years ago.

One group couldn't stand that another would get credit- had to come up with their own "improved" bill which split the votes and made a veto possible.

4. Len-2A Training

Len-2A Training Instructor Instructor NES Life Member NES Member

Pro-Gun NH
    http://www.pgnh.org/

I'll admit to being prejudiced as Sam Cohen has been a good friend for a very long time (dating back to his involvement with GOAL pre-1998). After hearing some of the bylaw/rule changes at GO-NH (banning legislators-who are common folks & oftentimes very pro-2A from serving on their BOD, etc.) I'd have a very hard time supporting that org. YMMV

Read some of the info on each org's website (there are actually 3, the other one escapes my memory right now-might be NH Firearms Coalition or something similar) and make an informed decision. Pay close attention to what each one is doing legislatively and how frequently and effectively they keep their membership in the loop.

My Wife and I are Charter Members of PGNH and get Emails from them when "things are happening".

1 person likes this.
  5. WatchCityCPA

WatchCityCPA

http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/

I like the NH Firearms Coalition myself... link above.

And I'd rather have multiple organizations that compete with each other rather than one fat happy group that is content with getting access to legislators instead of getting results.

1 person likes this.
  6. Len-2A Training

There is an issue with NH Regs where someone moving into NH with a NR NH License gets "revoked" by NHSP. A NES'r who is moving to NH asked me about this and I forwarded a request to Sam Cohen (PGNH) for clarification or getting that Reg changed. He put it on their legislative agenda back in October and further follow-up yesterday resulted in the following Email response today from PGNH and their esteemed attorney, Evan Nappen!

See if you can get this level of response and action/rapid response out of either of the other 2 NH groups (or GOAL when you have a similar issue/question)????

7. ScottS

ScottS NES Member

Nobody's hands are clean, unfortunately.

PGNH tried to sponsor some really bad legislation to lessen or remove the sanction against CLEOs who wrongfully delay or deny P&RLs, and the legislation got so screwed up the original sponsor (PGNH Director, IIRC) had to withdraw his support. But the underlying legislation, letting bad CLEOs off the hook, was flawed in principle.

The situation up here closely parallels that of the People's Front of Judea, if you're a Life of Brian fan.

8. benl

benl

Ok
    Ha, that's exactly the feeling I got from trying to research the different groups. In the past few years, I've learned the value of a good pro 2A organization, and just as important, the value of NEVER compromising with anti's; it never leads anywhere good.

MSI (Maryland's gun rights group) grew during the legislative session; 5,000 of us showed up to protest the AWB and shut down the state house, but it was too little, too late. Maryland is a lost cause.

I didn't pack up my family and move to let that happen again.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  9. Len-2A Training

And GOAL had 5000 people show up at the State House for a rally in 1999 and they forced us to NOT be on State House property, we shut down nothing and the legistraitors had no idea what the "noise was" and nothing changed in MA gun law! MA is a lost cause and has been for a very long time.

As for orgs . . . "perfect is the enemy of the good"!

10. soloman02

soloman02 NES Member

But there has to be a way to stop them from pissing in each others cheerios ALA the CC bill in 2010 as Caboose mentioned.