• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving to MA with a little "twist"

OK, so my brother-in-law is moving to MA from NH in April. I understand the he can bring his non-complient pistols (but not post-ban high caps) and has 60 days to get his TLC. The twist is that he does not have a secure place to store them and would like me to store them in my safe. I don't know what he has other than he said one or two might not be MA complient.

I'm not inclined to do anything that even remotely is questionably. Would storing his non-complient gun or guns put me at any kind of risk either actual or theoretically? I know what I think, but wanted to get a few other opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Storing (or owning) non-compliant handguns is not an issue. Its the post ban hi-cap mags.

Searching the gun laws forum will yield advice from attorneys who have posted this information.

That should not be an issue, IMHO. So long as you live in MA, and he brings the guns with him when he moves, he will not need to fill out FA-10 forms for each one. If you yourself live in NH, and he does not bring his guns with him right as he moves (meaning, he leaves them in NH until he gets a permit here, until he gets a safe way to store them) then he will need to fill out FA-10s when he finally brings them to MA.

I am guessing you already live in MA, so he shouldnt have to do anything except go get his permit!

Back
Top Bottom