• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving to MA from NH... pile of AKs

So I have read conflicting views on the subject of what I can bring.
I have multiple AKs and a AK sbr.

A friend says I can bring them all as I own currently own them...

Another friend says only the pre bans that I have can come..

A third person has told me they all can come but the post 1994 units will need a pinned brake and stock..

Then there is the SBR issue.. So I am aware that short barreled rifles are legal in MA and some people do not feel that the AW laws apply to them. (Many agree/disagree)
BUT can it come with me with a pinned stock and brake?

I have searched up and down and asked a few FFLs with no clear answer.
I understand they are nervous about the nonsense "assault rifle" concept.

Lastly- All I own is preban Chinese, Russian, Bosnian etc. mags

Can anyone give me some further clarity. and hopefully not the old timer that just says NO to everything. Or point me in the direction of a very knowledgeable FFL on the subject.

Thank you

Why are you moving from the promised land? ;-)

The wifes parents are getting old.. and we have a 1 year old. So her parents gave us a house across the street from them in Upton MA.
They also fully gutted it and are doing a full reno. It was one of those things I couldn't win the fight over.. It will be cited someday see "Claytons AKs vs Free house"

I wish you the very best in your search for information. We, that are already in the state, often wrestle with the same questions.... What is legal? I personally don't believe what the AG says is even close to accurate & I truly wish you the very best in your search for information!! 2A all the way!!!!!

I wish you the very best in your search for information. We, that are already in the state, often wrestle with the same questions.... What is legal? I personally don't believe what the AG says is even close to accurate & I truly wish you the very best in your search for information!! 2A all the way!!!!!

Thank you sir!

The wifes parents are getting old.. and we have a 1 year old. So her parents gave us a house across the street from them in Upton MA.
They also fully gutted it and are doing a full reno. It was one of those things I couldn't win the fight over.. It will be cited someday see "Claytons AKs vs Free house"

That's a tough call, Freedom or a Free Cell.. ahh, I mean house ;-) Heck, I pay a mortgage on my cell...

I teach a comprehensive seminar on the Mass gun laws. You would benefit by attending one of my seminars (schedule is on my website, URL below).

I go over the laws in much greater detail than any BFS course could ever do, it runs 6+ hours. I also discuss the AG BS.

Per MGL you can bring your neutered ARs, AKs, etc. into MA (or those mfd on/before 9/13/1994), no problem (just leave post-ban large-capacity mags behind). The AG pulled BS out her ass, held a press conference, issued a memo to dealers, wrote an FAQ and responded to Emails. The FAQ and Emails in some cases contradict her memo. Nobody has been prosecuted and I'm 99% certain that nobody will (IANAL) since she really doesn't have much to hang her hat on here. In essence she has declared everything made after 9/13/1994 to be illegal and that the Feds didn't have a clue what they were doing during the Clinton Ban.

The end result is that you'll have to make your own decision as to what to do.

Also worth noting, due to an Appellate court case pointing out a contradiction in two MGLs, bringing any large-capacity guns/mags into MA without possessing a LTC is illegal, even when you move into MA (which was what the case was about). I do discuss ways to deal with this and no I won't post them anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom