Moving to Lowell

Lowell, Isn't that the MA version of Detroit? I went there once as a kid on a school field trip. We toured an abandoned fabric factory that some group or another bought, restored and turned into a museum. I remember even then, in the 90's, that everything outside of the restored mill was utter shit. I cant imagine how bad it is now... Why any sane person would move to such a place is lost on me. Save the money, go north.

like keeper says the BIG DUMP CITY increase is real.
I experienced this effect in reverse. Owned a shitbox car while living in Chelsea, then moved to Danvers. After moving, I kept the shitbox for commuting and bought a pick up. The cost of insuring both in Danvers was less than the cost of insuring just the shitbox in Chelsea.

Lowell, Isn't that the MA version of Detroit? I went there once as a kid on a school field trip. We toured an abandoned fabric factory that some group or another bought, restored and turned into a museum. I remember even then, in the 90's, that everything outside of the restored mill was utter shit. I cant imagine how bad it is now... Why any sane person would move to such a place is lost on me. Save the money, go north.
I mean, living in Lowell does have its merits. Say it’s 2am and you’ve got a hankering for some crystal meth, I think Uber drivers deliver it within city limits...or, perhaps you don’t feel like washing your car one day, well, it will be stripped clean by morning anyways and sold for parts so hey, problem solved. Or maybe you’ve just watched an episode of orange is the new black and some of the Ebonics aren’t clear. Just walk outside and listen to the conversations, you’ll pick it up in no time.

Lowell is not as bad as it used to be, many of my Cambodian co-workers live there. Huge Cambodian community who buy houses and raise their kids the right way. As far as gun rights good luck but since you say you won't be there when renewing it won't matter. Escaping Ma. is the safest option for all of us.

If the cost of living in Chelmsford isn’t almost double what Lowell is I’m sure OP would move there instead. I agree Lowell is a dump but it’s affordable for some.
Tyngs, Dracut. But no hiway in dracut.
For Chelmsford look at north chelmsford.
Looking to buy? Pm me!

Last edited:
I know Lowell isn't great I lived there for a year in cabot crossing and didn't have any issues.

As long as I do not get restriction on my License I'll survive the yeaR 2 tops then will be in a free state.

We looked in NH but with my fiancee working in Newton and me in Andover and daycare in chelmsford Lowell worked better for us.

besides it did give me an excuse to get a maverick 88

Everything is relative. I drove through Lawrence for the first time last week and it didn't seem that bad - not even in the same league as Detroit.

Everything is relative. I drove through Lawrence for the first time last week and it didn't seem that bad - not even in the same league as Detroit.
Last time I drove thru there 4 years ago I was nervous being unarmed avoiding a major traffic jam on 495.
First time driving thru there in my Chevelle back in 85 or so I swore I wouldn’t return without a gun.

Those are the only 2 times I’ve never been unarmed in that shit hole. The second time was unavoidable.

Last time I drove thru there 4 years ago I was nervous being unarmed avoiding a major traffic jam on 495.
First time driving thru there in my Chevelle back in 85 or so I swore I wouldn’t return without a gun.

Those are the only 2 times I’ve never been unarmed in that shit hole. The second time was unavoidable.

Huge difference between living somewhere and driving through. Really you could go almost anywhere as long as you...
-go in the daytime
-stay on the main streets and out of the neighborhoods
-keep moving (find somewhere else to take a piss or grab a soda/cigs)
-MYOB, which in a lot of hoods means not blowing your horn, gesturing, eye-f*cking, or otherwise calling attention to yourself or giving someone an excuse to be an a**h***.

Huge difference between living somewhere and driving through. Really you could go almost anywhere as long as you...
-go in the daytime
-stay on the main streets and out of the neighborhoods
-keep moving (find somewhere else to take a piss or grab a soda/cigs)
-MYOB, which in a lot of hoods means not blowing your horn, gesturing, eye-f*cking, or otherwise calling attention to yourself or giving someone an excuse to be an a**h***.
Let me fill you in someday on my first trip into that shithole. Then I got inside intel on the bs that goes on.

It is a shitty place. Nothing you or anyone else will change my knowledge. I would not live there. I don’t easily go there. You will not ever teach me otherwise.
Preach elsewhere.

Route 3 after 495.... Is just the absolute worst thing in the history of Earth. I'd rather vacation at a conecentration camp than ever make that ride during rush hour again. I live in Nashua drove to Norwood everyday for 8ish months

Lol none of the MA dump cities hold a candle to that. Not even Springfield.

-Mike

I know Lowell isn't great I lived there for a year in cabot crossing and didn't have any issues.

As long as I do not get restriction on my License I'll survive the yeaR 2 tops then will be in a free state.

We looked in NH but with my fiancee working in Newton and me in Andover and daycare in chelmsford Lowell worked better for us.

besides it did give me an excuse to get a maverick 88

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH HOLD THE FUTHAFUKKIN PHONE!!!!!

You sayin you work in Andover AND the lady works in Newton and you want to live in Lowell?!?!?!

Granted, Lowell isn't any where as bad as it used to be, but as someone who lives in Methuen and works in Dracut and has spent the last 18+ years getting to know all the inns and outs of the Nashua-Lowell-Lawrence region, I have two words for you son.

SA. LEM.

Yes, Salem NH is where you need to be. And I even know the BEST daycare center in Salem.

And I'm telling you this because friends don't let friends move to Lowell.

And trust me on this. The commute from Salem to Newton is faster from Salem than it is from Lowell. Yes, it doesn't make sense, but nonetheless it's true.

moving because we needed more space with baby number 2 on the way. Lowell is closer to my work and getting home at 7:30 and leaving the house at 6:30am everyday kind of sucks, my drive to the office will be a bit over 7 miles now.

as of now I'm mostly at the office and ont in Boston which is great

So move to Chelmsford, it's only a mile or two.
Or Westford
Or Billerica
Or any town around Lowell...

Take gun rights out of this. Do you really want your wife and kids walking around Lowell?

And "NH in the future" makes no sense. Lowell is like 5 miles from NH. Why move to that city, pay more for everything and be less safe when you can already do what you are planning on doing in a few years?

Back
Top Bottom