• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving to Lowell

I'm moving from Boxborough to Lowell

I have my LTC with no restrictions.

Other than notifying both police chiefs in writing are there any other rules I need to follow?

Can the Lowell Chief try to give me restrictions ?

RIP in Peace.
Since Lowell doesn't own the license he can't impose restrictions until renewal (Boxborough owns the license).

Good luck on fighting restrictions when you do renew.

You may not get restrictions on renewal in Lowell. They have a process now (as convoluted as it is) for first time folks to get unrestricted right off the bat. I originally had a restricted LTC from Lowell, but jumped thru their hoops and had it changed to unrestricted. I don't know what their track record is concerning placing restrictions on a formally unrestricted LTC. I don't think they do, as I have not heard a cry from folks about that happening, just the cries on how it is near impossible to get unrestricted on the initial application.

Also, they do have a new CoP and I am not sure if he is as bad as the previous CoPs.

moving because we needed more space with baby number 2 on the way. Lowell is closer to my work and getting home at 7:30 and leaving the house at 6:30am everyday kind of sucks, my drive to the office will be a bit over 7 miles now.

as of now I'm mostly at the office and ont in Boston which is great

Yes, per MGL you MUST notify (by Certified Mail ONLY) the issuing chief, the new town chief AND FRB of your move.
Len has what you need to do to satisfy the law. I always tell my students that once to get your LTC do nothing to jeopardize it. By moving to Lowell you will lose some of your rights. Just so you are aware.

Back
Top Bottom