• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving out of state shipping question

Most of our belongings will go via moving company. That is what we don't sell, donate, or trash. Much of our furniture is dated enough (early 1980s) that it's no worth moving so will be disposed of up here. Hence my add for a dining room set in the "Yard Sale" thread. We've had a number of real yard or garage sales since 2021 and we sort out stuff we don't want or need. The latest was this past weekend.

It's amazing what you accumulate during 40+ years of living in the same place. It took a while for my wife to get on board, but she is and is really shedding stuff she's had for years.

But I digress. Guns and ammunition will likely be moved in my truck when the time comes. Part and tools will likely go with the movers.

My gun safe will likely stay and be sold here is I can find a buyer. I'll buy a new one when we get to our new location.

I put guns/ammo in first. Then all the rest of my crap. If they wanted my guns, they'd have to offload the entire truck, 20 ft U-haul stacked to the gills, opening the door was the first trap, if they survived that (stuff leaning against the door I found out later), then they'd have a couple hours offloading the heavy stuff we put on last.

Most of our belongings will go via moving company. That is what we don't sell, donate, or trash. Much of our furniture is dated enough (early 1980s) that it's no worth moving so will be disposed of up here. Hence my add for a dining room set in the "Yard Sale" thread. We've had a number of real yard or garage sales since 2021 and we sort out stuff we don't want or need. The latest was this past weekend.

It's amazing what you accumulate during 40+ years of living in the same place. It took a while for my wife to get on board, but she is and is really shedding stuff she's had for years.

But I digress. Guns and ammunition will likely be moved in my truck when the time comes. Part and tools will likely go with the movers.

My gun safe will likely stay and be sold here is I can find a buyer. I'll buy a new one when we get to our new location.
I guess I get off easy, I've never lived in the same state more than 8 years (in a row), much less same house.

Back
Top Bottom