• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving out of Mass...do I need to tell anyone

ArmySGTPM

Army Veteran
Looks promising that I will finally be able to escape from this state and move down to Virginia. When/if this does happen, do I need to do anything or tell anyone that my guns are no longer registered in this state?

what kind of paper work is needed if any?

thanks

There is no method to "un-register" in MA. Just be sure to sell any non-MA compliant ones you have before you leave. [grin] Tou can sell up to 4 face to face this month, and then another 4 next month being it is December.

Good luck in your new place.

Michael.

Congrats on throwing off your chains!

Legally you should notify CHSB and the chief in the town that issued your LTC w/in 30 days after you have moved (this will also cancel your LTC). This will preserve your right to obtain a NR LTC or a new Resident LTC if, during a moment of insanity, you ever decide to step foot in MA again.

Failure to notify is legally sufficient grounds to deny any future permits in MA.

Again, good luck and Thanks for your Service!

As ipscdrl said, there is no mechanism by which to "un-register" firearms, but you are required to submit a change of address to the CHSB and your issuing authority via certified mail within 30 days.

ETA: Len beat me to it.

Last edited:
Congrats on throwing off your chains!

Legally you should notify CHSB and the chief in the town that issued your LTC w/in 30 days after you have moved (this will also cancel your LTC). This will preserve your right to obtain a NR LTC or a new Resident LTC if, during a moment of insanity, you ever decide to step foot in MA again.

Failure to notify is legally sufficient grounds to deny any future permits in MA.

Again, good luck and Thanks for your Service!

How do you get out of bed in the morning?

MA shouldn't be called the Bay State: it should be called the Whiner State.

Looks promising that I will finally be able to escape from this state and move down to Virginia. When/if this does happen, do I need to do anything or tell anyone that my guns are no longer registered in this state?

what kind of paper work is needed if any?

thanks

YES.
Please tell all your elected congress-critters that your tax dollars will no longer be funding that trainwreck of a state and you are voting with your feet.
[party]

Back
Top Bottom