Moving out of MA!

Leaving MA for Charlotte NC, guns (unloaded) and ammo are locked in different cases for the move tomorrow. Once settled I need to let MA firearms record bureau know of the move and my new address. Other than buying all the goodies I couldn't have in MA is there anything I'm forgetting?

Good for you on the move! I keep telling the wife we are moving to Texas, think it may be the only free state left in the country at some point. We all may have to move there and support the constitution. And yes say a big FU to Mass on your way out!

Leaving MA for Charlotte NC, guns (unloaded) and ammo are locked in different cases for the move tomorrow. Once settled I need to let MA firearms record bureau know of the move and my new address. Other than buying all the goodies I couldn't have in MA is there anything I'm forgetting?

Save travels... remember to keep up the fight even though you are now in a free state! [thumbsup]

Stop thinking about MA!!!!

And dont let them know your new address. Give them the address of a fire hydrant or something else 100s of miles away from you. Where you move to is none of their business.

Unless you want to return to this godforsaken shthole of a state.

Why would you tell the firearms record bureau you are moving ?

Seems to me it's none of their business and once you cross the state line you aren't subject to MA laws anymore.

That seems like the best way to do it. If they ever ask, you can tell them you didn't have Web, so you mailed a letter to the MA firearms record bureau..

Oh, yeah.. Avoid going near NYC..

Good Riddens.... To MA, not to you.

Hope you have a safe trip, and settle quickly into your new home state. Best of luck.

Don't EVER vote for a D in NC. They may be different from a mass D but they all will try to get gun control.

Last edited:
If you are driving through NY or NJ, keep the car pinned on the speed limit. Once you hit VA, you start to feel the oppressive chains from your former state lifting. Once you leave MA, you can never go back. I went to FL, and when I got another (better job) back in MA, I went straight back...to NH.

Good luck!!! I moved out of Ma to Texas 2 months ago.....very gun friendly here. Turns out I can carry in my vehicle without a cc permit. It's a whole different world here...so glad we're out of Ma.

I never told them I moved to NH **** them ! I am not a Sex Offender

Why would you tell the firearms record bureau you are moving ?

Seems to me it's none of their business and once you cross the state line you aren't subject to MA laws anymore.

God forbid you ever need to move back to MA (don't do it!!), but if you did they would use this as reason for denying any future LTC.

Other than that, I'll take a wild guess they won't pursue you legally all the way to NC for not notifying them as required. But, this is mainly due to their incompetence in detecting that you left without telling them, rather than their lack of desire to go after gun owners. Hey, I still get notices from the RMV and my license is still listed as "valid", even though I've been in NH for nearly a year and turned in my license when I got my NH license. Keeping track of data isn't their strong suit.

Take care. The only weird thing about NC is no CC in an establishment that serves alcohol...including restaurants. That pales in comparison to here. By the way, Hyatt guns is a great place to start.

Yes, you are forgetting to sell all of your MA ok guns to buy new ones when you get there. Taking these guns out of MA means they can't be replaced here- but are easily replaced in NC. Consider selling them please. I might even be interested in some.

God forbid you ever need to move back to MA (don't do it!!), but if you did they would use this as reason for denying any future LTC.

Other than that, I'll take a wild guess they won't pursue you legally all the way to NC for not notifying them as required. But, this is mainly due to their incompetence in detecting that you left without telling them, rather than their lack of desire to go after gun owners. Hey, I still get notices from the RMV and my license is still listed as "valid", even though I've been in NH for nearly a year and turned in my license when I got my NH license. Keeping track of data isn't their strong suit.

Just tell them you don't have a permanent address.

Yes, you are forgetting to sell all of your MA ok guns to buy new ones when you get there. Taking these guns out of MA means they can't be replaced here- but are easily replaced in NC. Consider selling them please. I might even be interested in some.

^This

I sold my MA legal Gen3 Glock 19 for the cost of replacing it before I left. I unloaded all my preban mags for $12 each (cost of a PMag). It's the right thing to do for the inmates you leave behind.

LFB!! Your forgot to sell all your hard to get guns in mass at massinflated prices so you can buy 2 of ea when you get there.....home

Back
Top Bottom