• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving guns to Maine

I have no idea. I was thinking about it this weekend because I am always looking to leave MA.

My thoughts were:

1. Put them in locked gun cases in a car. This option is not great because sleeping will s*ck. Can't go to a hotel, cant go to a motel (could, but with so many boxes it might s*ck) ... NES said the best is to sleep at a rest stop in your car.
Have to deal with driving around NJ, it is a total pain.

2. If the collection is not that big, get gun boxes and ship them. At least the rifles. Handguns can be easily concealed in a locked guitar case. I have one, I can put roughly 15 handguns in it, 30 if I double stack them using 2 layers of foam.
Still have to deal with driving around NJ, but can at least stop at a hotel, no one will suspect of 2 or 3 guitar cases.

3. Locked cases to an every day moving company - in my opinion the worse option.

4. Depending on how many rifles you have, locked cases inside cardboard boxes. You can stop at a motel and unload 4 or 5 cardboard boxes into the room. I am sure no one will notice.

5. A specialized company. Not sure who, need to research.

I would be interested in whatever you find.

The options range from prohibitively expensive to questionable legality.
The best I've come up with so far is to rent a box truck or a sprinter van and find a friend to ride with me. It's 12 hours by normal car so I figure 13-15 by van. Doable with 2 drivers in a day - definitely not fun.

My other idea is just to start liquidating my collection of 'replaceable' guns and see if I can get it down to just 1 car load. Even if lose $25-50 on each gun, it might be worth it. It would also give me a nice fund to restart the collection - especially nice when in a 2A friendly state.

1. Put them in locked gun cases in a car. This option is not great because sleeping will s*ck. Can't go to a hotel, cant go to a motel (could, but with so many boxes it might s*ck) ... NES said the best is to sleep at a rest stop in your car.
Have to deal with driving around NJ, it is a total pain.
Still have to deal with driving around NJ, but can at least stop at a hotel, no one will suspect of 2 or 3 guitar cases.
There is no need to spend a night in NJ, NY etc. when coming from MA. And all states further south don't care about someone bringing gun cases to a hotel room.

The options range from prohibitively expensive to questionable legality.
The best I've come up with so far is to rent a box truck or a sprinter van and find a friend to ride with me. It's 12 hours by normal car so I figure 13-15 by van. Doable with 2 drivers in a day - definitely not fun.

My other idea is just to start liquidating my collection of 'replaceable' guns and see if I can get it down to just 1 car load. Even if lose $25-50 on each gun, it might be worth it. It would also give me a nice fund to restart the collection - especially nice when in a 2A friendly state.
Unless the guns you own are sh*t or easy to find guns (think Glock, 365, Remington 700 easy to find), chances are it will be a giant pain in the a** to replace them.

The market for nice guns totally blows right now. But that depends on what you consider nice.

There is no need to spend a night in NJ, NY etc. when coming from MA. And all states further south don't care about someone bringing gun cases to a hotel room.
No way I would ever sleep in NY or NJ with guns.

Im sure theres a mule or two on here thatd do it for a box of primers.

Drive in a roadworthy car, do the speed limit in the middle lane, and drive during the day and youll most likely not have any issues. Blend in .

Back
Top Bottom