• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving From Massachusetts

I looked through the forum and it seems like all the posts I could find were about people moving into Massachusetts. I am planning on moving out of MA in August and changing my residency. What happens to my MA LTC? Is it invalidated when I change my residency to another state? If I were to return in a few years would I have to apply again and if I did would it be for renewal?

Its is invalid as soon as you establish residency in another state. You would need to apply for an out of state permit to carry legally here.

What happens if you change your residency before you have physically moved your stuff out of MA?

What if I maintain a vacation home in MA? Do I need to switch my LTC to a FID for the long guns? Can you still possess a handgun in my home (but not carry it)?

What happens if you change your residency before you have physically moved your stuff out of MA?

What if I maintain a vacation home in MA? Do I need to switch my LTC to a FID for the long guns? Can you still possess a handgun in my home (but not carry it)?

You need to obtain a nonresident LTC. (At a cost of $100/yr, apply via CHSB, go to Chelsea, all that crap... ) There are no nonresident FIDs.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom