• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving from MA to NH: A Few Questions

Congrats and welcome!!

1. How soon can we apply for NH pistol permits (i.e., what do we need to prove residency)?

You do not need your NH DL. I proved residency with a copy of my deed and my vehicle registration. They happily processed my application using my MA Driver's License #. If you own the house, go start the license now! [grin]

3. Do we need to notify MA in any way that we've left the state? If so, how?

Others have explained the process in detail. I followed that process, not because it has any bearing on my life in NH, but because I don't know what will happen in the future. If a MA NR license ever becomes practical, I don't want to be DQ'd because of failing to notify them I left the state. Also, I certainly think that nationwide reciprocity is something we might see in my lifetime - we have no idea what form it will take, and again, I don't want to get jammed up over failure to notify.

4. Does having a MA resident LTC have any bearing on getting an out of state license? (i.e., make it easier)

Not that I'm aware of. Good luck with that.

5. We've budgeted for a few important purchases upon moving in, including: chain saw, lawn mower, snow blower, generator, etc. and may have some left over for a new gun or two…I’m itching to get something I couldn’t in MA to celebrate, like an AK-type pistol. I know they’re impractical, but I think they’re bad-ass. Any recommendations?

[rofl] ALL THE GUNS!

Really, what was said about Home Depot is true. I can't believe how much money we've spent there since the move. If you really do have money leftover a month from now - go on a gun store crawl and wait till you find the right gun - you'll know it when you see it. [wink]

Congrats on moving to NH. This has not been said but I feel is just as important to mention: Leave all your Mass crap behind. Might be tough. A lot of it you don't even know is there... Wave to the neighbor with the loud rooster. Allow someone to merge into traffic. Help the old lady with her bags at Market Basket. Don't have a late night pool party on a weeknight. Don't always drive like your late to your mothers funeral. Do these things and you will fit right in.

Thanks for all the replies. Didn't get back to this thread till just now because of the mess in Boston.

You did just what my wife and I will be doing only in Maine. BTW, that's a really interesting home you purchased there. Is that the skating pond in the front? How do you take care of it in the summer months? Just curious. [rofl]

Rome

You did just what my wife and I will be doing only in Maine. BTW, that's a really interesting home you purchased there. Is that the skating pond in the front? How do you take care of it in the summer months? Just curious. [rofl]

Rome

LOL...unfortunately I don't skate.

We were not looking for a house with a pool, but we found THE house/property combo we were looking for and it happened to have a pool. Had a pool before and I personally think they're more work than they're worth, but I'll live. [grin]

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on moving to NH. This has not been said but I feel is just as important to mention: Leave all your Mass crap behind. Might be tough. A lot of it you don't even know is there... Wave to the neighbor with the loud rooster. Allow someone to merge into traffic. Help the old lady with her bags at Market Basket. Don't have a late night pool party on a weeknight. Don't always drive like your late to your mothers funeral. Do these things and you will fit right in.

I hear ya & will do.[wink]

Well, it'll make one hell of a "Coy pond". Maybe that fella who fishes for monsters would stop by in a few years. Just like that movie, "Big Fish". LOL

Actually I'm envious. We're looking at properties now and have found a lot of interesting ones but not "the one" yet. It's out there but elusive for now.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom