• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving from Green to Red City

Ok so I was issued my Class A Unrestricted in January 2011 in Lynn, MA (Green City), fairly easy to get. I'll be tying the knot soon and moving to her place in Salem, MA (Red City).

We will most likely be moving out of Salem together soon, but in the meantime I'll be notifying all the invested parties of my move as required. Probably in letter form, not using the COA form out there, so I'll be excluding copies of my license as suggested by several others in this forum (any suggestions?)

My actual question is "does anyone have experience moving into Salem, MA with a Class A Unrestricted." Should I expect any hassles? Can /will they "downgrade" my LTC to a Class-B or add any restrictions?

Read the Stickies in MA Gun Laws sub-forum.

Lynn OWNS your LTC until it expires! Salem can't do anything to it until such time as you renew, if you are still in Salem at that time.

Good luck! The last time I moved I called GOAL to check the "green" status of each town and ruled out all the unfriendlies. It sounds like you don't have this option.

...I'll be notifying all the invested parties of my move as required. Probably in letter form, not using the COA form out there, so I'll be excluding copies of my license as suggested by several others in this forum (any suggestions?)

I wouldn't (didn't) use the COA form, as it's not required by law. Ensure notification is sent via certified mail. Retain the receipts as proof of compliance.

...Should I expect any hassles? Can /will they "downgrade" my LTC to a Class-B or add any restrictions?

No. As Len said, the original IA retains control of your license until expiration.

Back
Top Bottom