• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving from another state (Rhode Island)

I’ve been trying to look into this, I know people with extensive knowledge from RI and MA but very little as far as CT. I am looking to buy property in the CT area. I have a few pistols, glocks etc. I have an AR-15, Ak47 which is Russian made before molot was banned it’s totally pimped our muzzle break, bullet guide to accept standard AK mags folding stock pistol grip etc. and a scorpions evo. 9mm carbine. Would any of these be against the law in CT. If I already own them before moving into the state? Or would I have to get rid of them?

PA13-3 passed in the aftermath of Sandy Hook essentially eliminated any furture grandfathering of AWs and standard capacity magazines.

This means that any AR or AK will be illegal to bring into CT, unless it was made prior to 94.

You can get the AR aroundthe ban by either fixingthe mag in place, converting it to a straight pull bolt gun or reconfiguring it as an "other".

None of these are great choices. My suggestion to you is to store your pre-ban style AR in Rhode Island on the chance you return there or move to a free state, and to buy an "other" while you are in CT.

All standard capacity magazines will be illegal for you to bring into CT.

The scorpion would have the same problem as the AR. There is no way to get its "evil feature" count to zero, so you would have to make it a fixed mag or non-semi auto firearm. The evil feature that could not be eliminated from the Scoripion isthe pistol grip.

Back
Top Bottom