• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving after applying for LTC

Cap

NES Member
I applied for my LTC earlier this month. What are the implications of moving to a different town prior to receiving my LTC? Do I technically need to reside in the address in my application until I receive my license?

Thanks -

No. Implications are that the issuing town "owns you" for 6 years from issuance and you will need to notify per MGL once it is issued.

Thanks Len - so you are saying I could apply (fingerprinted, etc..) in town A and then move to town B one week later and have no problems?

He's saying that yes, you can apply in town A and then move to town B, but town A controls your license until expiration.

IOW, if town A issued you an unrestricted LTC, town B cannot impose any restrictions until expiration of your current license.

Conversely, if town A issued you a restricted LTC, you are likely stuck with a restricted license until expiration.

Also, as Len said, you must comply with the CoA notification requirements upon receipt of your license.

I'm familiar with the process when you have your LTC then move, but I wasn't sure how being in the middle of the application process would impact things. Thanks for the response - clear now.

Back
Top Bottom