Moving a gun safe

Realtor MA

NES Life Member
NES Member
Ok. I don't want to do it myself because I'm not a kid anymore and I cherish my limbs; Wondering what you all think it would cost to move a safe from a retail store to my home. About a 35 mile ride. Also wondering if anyone knows of a reliable mover.
The safe will be installed on the lower level which is accessible by sliders in the rear of the house. In order to get there the safe has to go down a grade which is unimproved(ie grass and dirt). FYI safe is 1000 pounds plus. 6 feet tall about 3.5 wide and about 2.5 deep.

I purchased one of my safes from Eastern security and paid to have it delivered and installed. Think it was a few hundred dollars. Give them a call as others have suggested.

Eastern Security does great but they are friggin' expensive. When you buy from them, it amounts to a few hundred dollars but if you didn't think more like 700-1000 depending on the size of the safe. Stairs don't really matter unless it is a lot of them.

Check around for price you can get it for 50% of what Eastern charges.

I had bought one from Riley's and they had a Manchester Fireman that delivered for a very reasonable price and took all the cardboard with them. Shooter's Outpost may use them too now that Rileys is closed. Call Shooters and ask if they know someone.

Ok. I don't want to do it myself because I'm not a kid anymore and I cherish my limbs; Wondering what you all think it would cost to move a safe from a retail store to my home. About a 35 mile ride. Also wondering if anyone knows of a reliable mover.
The safe will be installed on the lower level which is accessible by sliders in the rear of the house. In order to get there the safe has to go down a grade which is unimproved(ie grass and dirt). FYI safe is 1000 pounds plus. 6 feet tall about 3.5 wide and about 2.5 deep.

It will end up costing you $500 - $700 to move it.

Hey Realtor-
I don’t know if this is helpful or not but I needed to figure out how much it would cost to hire a company to move a refrigerator from one store and deliver it to my parents who live far away. I found that a lot of moving companies will do either real-time or close to real-time quotes right on their site. Enter in starting and ending address, weight/size of item, etc and they’ll automatically generate a quote or will email you one soon enough. I was surprised at how convenient it was.

All of that said, it was super expensive in most cases, and the lead times required weeks if not months. Perhaps that was my luck as the starting and ending places were sort of rural.

Good luck!

A friend used Deathwish Piano movers to get a safe in a second floor window. Video was impressive.
(617) 277-8311
I'm always shocked at the specializations of some companies. Just (or predominately at one time) piano movers.
Try a towing company
This. Rotator operators will do some interesting/ different things to keep the truck rolling. Not sure what it would cost versus a safe mover or if it's even feasible at both locations, but I've seen them do a lot of things you'd never think of.

I guess I was a true yankee skinflint-I moved my own safe. It was a Liberty safe from Eastern that was ~1000lbs. They loaded it flat on its back in my pickup bed. At home I had a compact tractor with a bucket. I used straps to pull it about halfway way out. Then I repositioned the straps to lower it slowly to the ground and onto the bucket . That allowed move to get it across the yard to the walk in basement doors. It the basement I used foaming glass cleaner and brute force to push it across the concrete floor to its resting spot. Glass cleaner is great a lubricant for pushing heavy items across a floor. It doesn't leave any residue. I finally bolted it to the floor. I was pround of myself. I grunted like Ahnold for a week.

When I moved a couple of years ago, I had the moving company handle it. They had a super duty dolly and a puch of sheets of plywood. They cycled the plywood across the lawn to wheel the safe to the truck.

Back
Top Bottom