Moved out of Mass. Gov't Wants My New Address

I think we should fill up their firearm transaction database with thousands and thousands of bad records. We each should sell our guns to someone else here on NES, and that other person should then sell the same firearm to someone else here on NES, and so on, and so on. And then the original owner buys it back from the last person. But do it fast enough so the firearm doesn't have to leave the original owners possession. I know we non-FFLs can only can sell 4x a year (?) to non-FFLs so we need some FFLs to help out
You don't even have to involve anyone else. Just go to the ef10 site and start registering firearms that you just completed. I got pissed after 7/20/16 and loaded about 100 guns in that night. I made a post on here and it was met with a negative response that I was going to jail, lol. In the eyes of the state I own 100s of guns.

You don't even have to involve anyone else. Just go to the ef10 site and start registering firearms that you just completed. I got pissed after 7/20/16 and loaded about 100 guns in that night. I made a post on here and it was met with a negative response that I was going to jail, lol. In the eyes of the state I own 100s of guns.
Hey, if they don't care about where a presidential vote comes from, then it should be ok for firearm transactions.

Move, then stop by the issuing authority, probably the local PD. Drop off the LTC with a letter saying you don't want it anymore. Turn and walk out.
This is a bad idea. An Expired Residential LTC should still provide legal protection for the possession (not carried) firearms that would otherwise be legal in the state. While there is no case law on this issue, the law itself does not require an individual to be a resident for the protections to apply.

As for the OP, when I left MA, I sent in the "official"</snark> Change Of Address form with "Out of State" as my new residential address. When I applied for my Non-Res LTC, the COA never came up and they issued my Non-Res LTC, and have renewed it for several years. I still have a copy of proof of delivery and the form if they decide to suddenly challenge it.

1. I'm not even sure who wants your new address. Are we talk LTC change of address? FA10? The FA10 is a transaction record (at least that's what they say), so no transfer/sale means no need to file anything.
2. going to LE for legal advice! I hope your lawyer give you an earful for that
It's a requirement. City you lived in. City who issued your permission slip. FRB.
Certified only. City you are moving to.

I did them when I left.. to a PO box I sent all my MA crap to.

Sure it's linked eventually. I only kept the Maine PO box for a year.

This is a bad idea. An Expired Residential LTC should still provide legal protection for the possession (not carried) firearms that would otherwise be legal in the state. While there is no case law on this issue, the law itself does not require an individual to be a resident for the protections to apply.

As for the OP, when I left MA, I sent in the "official"</snark> Change Of Address form with "Out of State" as my new residential address. When I applied for my Non-Res LTC, the COA never came up and they issued my Non-Res LTC, and have renewed it for several years. I still have a copy of proof of delivery and the form if they decide to suddenly challenge it.
Yup. Civil fines only. It's my only protection under FOPA I trust in MA if I drive through.

Move, then stop by the issuing authority, probably the local PD. Drop off the LTC with a letter saying you don't want it anymore. Turn and walk out. [laugh]

Of course this is all pointless, like they couldn't find you if they wanted to. You do have a driver's license, don't you? Even after you move from MA, if they put your name into that MDT in the cruser it will tell then you had a DL in MA and now have a DL in your new state.

There is no making this stuff disappear, don't waste your time.

No.

Move. Notify the Mass pd of your move within the time period. Use a bogus out of state address of you really feel the need. Or move twice in quick succession. Or just say you're leaving the state and will be homeless.

KEEP the now invalid Mass LTC in your wallet. Provided you keep your head and retain a good lawyer, if you're ever even accidentally in Mass with a firearm, you're on better legal grounds.

It isn't difficult to accidentally cross the border without even noticing.

So let me get this straight. The state is not concerned with illegals coming and going without notification but tax paying Americans must notify where and what we are doing?
ll.jpg

How many people leave this state every year that are registered gun owners who have absolutely no idea this law is on the books? I'm going with, a lot.

It's a stupid law with the sole purpose of being able to deny a license to future gun owners that have to move back.

Notify nobody, move out and never return.

Last edited:
Move, then stop by the issuing authority, probably the local PD. Drop off the LTC with a letter saying you don't want it anymore. Turn and walk out. [laugh]

Of course this is all pointless, like they couldn't find you if they wanted to. You do have a driver's license, don't you? Even after you move from MA, if they put your name into that MDT in the cruser it will tell then you had a DL in MA and now have a DL in your new state.

There is no making this stuff disappear, don't waste your time.
This. Just blend in and don’t give 2 shits

No.

Move. Notify the Mass pd of your move within the time period. Use a bogus out of state address of you really feel the need. Or move twice in quick succession. Or just say you're leaving the state and will be homeless.

KEEP the now invalid Mass LTC in your wallet. Provided you keep your head and retain a good lawyer, if you're ever even accidentally in Mass with a firearm, you're on better legal grounds.

It isn't difficult to accidentally cross the border without even noticing.
When we were house shopping in NH, a couple of houses were literally within 100-200 yds of the MA border. That was scary.

Leave Costco in Nashua, take a right and within a few hundred feet you are in MA!

So let me get this straight. The state is not concerned with illegals coming and going without notification but tax paying Americans must notify where and what we are doing?
View attachment 459932
No, only sex offenders and gun owners have to notify where they are going. :rolleyes:

You mean they could find me if they wanted to? Yes, of course, I'd thought about that. My issue with the registry is that it's a purpose-built tool. If they wanted to go to the trouble of searching my name in a drivers license database, sure, go for it. I'm not inclined to keep the firearms registry updated, though!

if you have a social security number, they know where you are

if you have a social security number, they know where you are

It Sucked when the military was using our SSAN as our ID. It was on your dog tags, orders, Dr's, and anywhere else they could plaster it. Just as bad was the stencil they gave for equipment was last name initial with the last four of your social painted on your equipment. WTF?!

When does the license expire?
I would just leave...... Let the LT C die.
If you come back NES will find you and repeatedly kick you in the groin!
Get the FUC K out yesterday!

Disregard MA law, lol @ their demands, live your life, don't be scared of your new found freedom.

I'm in this camp, but maybe I'm jaded because I've moved a dozen times since I turned 18.

Move
Establish residency in new state
Disregard everything from your previous state until tax time next year when you file your final partial year taxes

It's not like anyone plans on moving back to Mass anyways.

MA is very persistent chasing expats for any taxes it thinks it can collect. Been out of that state for a while
and it still sends a tax due notice in the hope that it can collect something

MA is very persistent chasing expats for any taxes it thinks it can collect. Been out of that state for a while
and it still sends a tax due notice in the hope that it can collect something

Many states do that--MA, LA, and NC chased after me for a couple years. When you're in the right, just ignore them.

Many states do that--MA, LA, and NC chased after me for a couple years. When you're in the right, just ignore them.
MA DOR can seize funds from your bank or investment accounts and they do it frequently. So you can't hide as long as they have a SSN, they can do what they want even if not justified.

MA DOR can seize funds from your bank or investment accounts and they do it frequently. So you can't hide as long as they have a SSN, they can do what they want even if not justified.
CA is the same way. Even though they were wrong, the took $3k 2 weeks before Christmas from my bank account 8 years after I moved out of there. It took me 3 months of hour long phone calls and certified letters to get them to give it back, and even when they owned up to it, it was 10-15 business days until I received a paper check from them. I haven't been so angry since.

Yep, but if you're right you can typically get it back. I never said anything about hiding. Only the extremely naive and illegal immigrants think they can "hide".

With the web they know where you are Anyway. It’s all interconnected between states.

here is a new one I just got today from NY dmv.

Massachusetts and NY just signed a reciprocal agreement that if you have unpaid tolls in either state you cannot renew your DL or registrations. so a MA guy takes a one time trip to Niagara Falls. Doesn’t have EZpass. For NY tolls on thruway they don’t bill you through your plate Like MA, You have to call them to pay them. Fail to call and pay, no DL or registration renewal for you! I bet there are some hefty penalties on top of tolls by time you get to renewal. It’s almost like they planned it that way........

They did it to us twice. The taxpayer advocate admitted that we didn't owe anything, but said "DOR doesn’t like to return money". I had to get my state rep involved and the taxpayer advocate told us that she'd take care of it. Nothing happened. 1-2 yrs later I received one check, no explanation, it covered one of the confiscations but we never received the second one and it has been probably 4-5 yrs now.

When I leave, I'll still be working in Mass,
so I would apply for a Non Resident Permit.
Like it or not, I'm tied to Mass :-(
This is how it is for me. We’re moving to NH in 9 days from now. I’ll be working both states and we both have family here and will be applying for the MA non-resident LTC.
With the amount of bullshit already involved in the state I’ll still notify my town and the state.
I wonder what they would do if I leave the new residence blank. I doubt I’d ever hear a word about it.

Back
Top Bottom