• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moved out of Mass. Gov't Wants My New Address

Same... Go eff yourself MA... What happens with guns not within the border of the CommieNoWealth is not of your concern and your laws have no effect and are unenforceable here.. So eat a bag of dicks...
Partially true. A MA court order prohibiting one from possessing or using firearms is valid throughout the country under the "full faith and credit" act. The same reason NY upheld enforce of a MA Vaughn Declaration.

I doubt they're using MySQL at this point.. That DB product has fallen out of favor since Oracle gobbled them up and it's not free anymore. MariaDB was a branch forked from the last free release of MySQL, but it's a different animal at this point. If they're looking for free and open-source it's prob PostgreSQL and if they're paying, MSSQL or Oracle.

I don't know... just making an educated guess based on the current tech landscape.
I think there was something from the data dump Comm2A got of licensing data that suggested MS/SQL to me.

There are still many situations under which one may use MySQL community edition for free, but in large commercial applications, "officially supported" generally trumps "free".

Partially true. A MA court order prohibiting one from possessing or using firearms is valid throughout the country under the "full faith and credit" act. The same reason NY upheld enforce of a MA Vaughn Declaration.

Can't change someone with breaking MA gun laws when the guns, nor the person, are in the state, at the time the crime was alleged to have occurred. If so, where does that end? States like SC could start charging MA residents for buying marijuana legally in the state, as one example.... Marijuana - after all - is prohibited to possess under SC law... So..... there are a lot of felons running around right now under SC law... The courts must be busy...

Sounds like a great revenue stream... As opposed to arresting, SC could start slinging fines at everyone in MA who buys legal weed in MA... There are limits... and MA asking you to obey their gun laws when you're no longer in the state crosses that line...

My response would be - eat a bag of dicks, it's none of your business... That law was intended to apply to people of the CommieWealth moving between CommieWealth dumpster fire communities.... I am no longer behind the iron curtain...

Honestly, if you told me it was MS Access on Windows 95, I wouldn't bat an eye. I might be a little surprised if it was still running on DOS.
You don't want to know how much of the LE software is still based on old DOS programs exported to windows

You don't want to know how much of the LE software is still based on old DOS programs exported to windows
I do a lot of work with law enforcement and state governments. A very large state was still running the system from the contract we won in 94 on DOS until about 4 years ago. Another mid sized industrial state is planning to retire the system I designed in 2003 by the end of 2022. I am currently trying to move a 2003 LE program that is still on the original systems to VMs and the only change they want is for Chrome and Edge to work.

I do a lot of work with law enforcement and state governments. A very large state was still running the system from the contract we won in 94 on DOS until about 4 years ago. Another mid sized industrial state is planning to retire the system I designed in 2003 by the end of 2022. I am currently trying to move a 2003 LE program that is still on the original systems to VMs and the only change they want is for Chrome and Edge to work.
Same here, one of the popular ones has a user conference in April to announce their 2 year roadmap, I'm really hoping they are phasing out the DOS stuff.

Kiss my grits is an appropriate response..
FAYKRNYQGFEYJDQ2WHOZFRMT2M.jpg

Conclusion:

Today I will lube myself up good and nice, bend over for daddy government and do as I'm told, like a subservient little subject.

While I've moved to PA, I unfortunately still live so close to NY that I frequently travel into and out of the state for various reasons on a weekly, if not daily basis. I'm fortunate that I live in what might be the only PA county which has a deal between sheriffs that reciprocity can be granted if I go through all of NYs application hurdles. As others have pointed out, one of the questions on their application is that I've never had a license revoked.

By now I've probably got a small handful of enemies at both the MA local police department, as well as the MA firearms records bureau. If they're not counting down the days to revoke my license, at the very least, they've got a paper trail that I've provided them which doesn't comply with their interpretation of the "law". So, it feels a bit like I can choose this hill to die on, and find myself pretty significantly restricted from carrying around my home, per NY state's "laws", or I can just comply.

So there it is, fellas! You've witnessed the results of coordinated state overreach in effect. If anybody elese finds themselves in a similar situation, I'd recommend that they consider either not notifying anybody in MA at all, or attempting the "drop off the license at the police department on your way out" trick.

The whole thing is absolutely absurd. I hate that I'm doing this.

Back
Top Bottom