Moved out of MA

I just moved out of MA to NH and I am unsure of what obligations I have to MA in regards to who I have to notify in that state if anyone. I heard that I should send a certified letter to the CLEO that issued my LTC but have no idea what info I need to provide. Do i say hello I no longer live in your state, am I obligated to give my new address in NH to them? And do I also have to notify anyone else

Thanks

Send a certified letter to CHSB and to the CLEO of the issuing authority notifying them of your move... that's it. Your license will be voided and you'll have no further obligations.

Actually, since you're no longer a resident there's no actual obligation to do anything. However, if you might ever move back here or want to get a non-resident LTC for any reason, it sould be a good idea to send the two letters indicated above. You never can tell what might happen in the future.

Ken

Actually, since you're no longer a resident there's no actual obligation to do anything. However, if you might ever move back here or want to get a non-resident LTC for any reason, it sould be a good idea to send the two letters indicated above. You never can tell what might happen in the future.

Ken

This.

-Mike

I still maintain that you are required and should do nothing. By becoming a non-resident, your resident LTC, FID, etc. should automatically become void by operation of law as you no longer meet the statutory requirements for same. Thus, if you have no longer have a LTC, FID, etc., then there would be no requirement to notify anyone. Same as if you never had a LTC, FID, etc. in the first place. Any other interpretation doesn't make sense.

I realize that some are paranoid and doing it to be safe, but I personally think that once you are physically out of MA and have established a new residence and citizenship in a different state, you are not subject to their laws anymore with respect to LTC's, FID's.

So, send them a letter telling them you moved cause their gun laws sucked instead. That would provide more satisfaction too.

If you have any coveted/rare guns, leave them here. It's hard enough to get rare guns in MA as it is, we don't need any moving out of state.

It's too late for that now. If he's no longer a resident he can't FTF anything anymore.

-Mike

I never notified anybody when I left and I had no trouble getting an out of state MA LTC.

A lot of MA people are conditioned to be fearful of their state government and to worry incessantly about what that government can or will do to them. I left that behind when I moved to NH.

Disclaimer: However, your mileage may vary and you should do what you think is appropriate rather than rely solely on messages on a discussion forum on the Internet.

A lot of people are conditioned to be fearful of the government.

It comes from tyrannical behavior of administrators at the grassroots level.

The two latest examples come from the threads on the kid expelled for having an empty gun in his truck, parked off campus,
and the kid being expelled for possessing a spork.

Of course, the got that capacity to exert this tyrannical behavior from the draconian laws we chafe at every day.[thinking]

I just moved out of MA to NH and I am unsure of what obligations I have to MA in regards to who I have to notify in that state if anyone. I heard that I should send a certified letter to the CLEO that issued my LTC but have no idea what info I need to provide. Do i say hello I no longer live in your state, am I obligated to give my new address in NH to them? And do I also have to notify anyone else

Thanks

Notify anybody else ?!? About moving out of MA?? I should think the only other people you have to notify are the people you want at the party you should now throw to celebrate!

Back
Top Bottom